Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digne too who was more than useful in the opposition's half. What a massive downgrade it has been all over the field. He'll do well to keep us up this season, to be fair, will Frank. And no doubt we'll watch Liverpool hit the ground running with their new striker Nunez and pick up multiple pieces of silverware again. Maybe we can reach the 5th round in a cup or pick up a fighting point away to United or something and that'll be our season highlight.
Totally, forgot about him, great shout.

That’s easily the 4 biggest chance creators/goal scorers that we’ve gutted out the team and replaced with far less productive players in the final third.

Would have been fine with replacing if we were spending some money to do it. Removing all four from the team (that wasn’t exactly free flowing to start with) and trying to replace with free transfers, loans and young inexperienced players is predictably not going to end well.

Totally, forgot about him, great shout.

That’s easily the 4 biggest chance creators/goal scorers that we’ve gutted out the team and replaced with far less productive players in the final third.

Would have been fine with replacing if we were spending some money to do it. Removing all four from the team (that wasn’t exactly free flowing to start with) and trying to replace with free transfers, loans and young inexperienced players is predictably not going to end well.
Tarkowski

Really hoping Frank doesn't do a Carlo and walk from this Car Crash Club. If as I suspect, he's either not backed with transfers, or FFP puts a stop to this, then I can't say I'd blame him. That Palace game has strengthened his affiliation with the fans but not too sure that would cancel out his desire to try and coach a group of players who are lacking skill, pace and the general ability to play ' Top Flight ' football. At the end of the day ' Lampard ' is a brand and his agent/advisors and Frank himself are fully aware that this brand cannot be tarnished with a disastrous / relegation season. However, we all know that this team and maggot infested board will provide just that if he isn't given the tools to do his job !!
I'm sure he knew exactly what state the club was when he came in. It isnt like it's all under the carpet stuff. It's out there and has been for a while we are a woefully run club with no transfer budget and a marshmallow of a owner and chairman.

You dont buy a ticket Blackpool (no offense blackpoolers ) and then say you though it would be like Cannes

Really hoping Frank doesn't do a Carlo and walk from this Car Crash Club. If as I suspect, he's either not backed with transfers, or FFP puts a stop to this, then I can't say I'd blame him. That Palace game has strengthened his affiliation with the fans but not too sure that would cancel out his desire to try and coach a group of players who are lacking skill, pace and the general ability to play ' Top Flight ' football. At the end of the day ' Lampard ' is a brand and his agent/advisors and Frank himself are fully aware that this brand cannot be tarnished with a disastrous / relegation season. However, we all know that this team and maggot infested board will provide just that if he isn't given the tools to do his job !!
I'm sure he knew exactly what state the club was when he came in. It isnt like it's all under the carpet stuff. It's out there and has been for a while we are a woefully run club with no transfer budget and a marshmallow of a owner and chairman.

You dont buy a ticket Blackpool (no offense blackpoolers ) and then say you though it would be like Cannes

Adds 10-15 means not over who they have lad, it means their midfielders would score 10-15 purely on the space opened up by him drawing focus.

The link up play being bad line again - based on what, we sit deep and punt it up to him expecting him to do what exactly? He holds it up brilliantly, link up play presumes you have someone to link up with doesn't it.

Love how teams that play against parked bus teams wouldn't have use of the best aerial player in the league though.

We also have to get away from City and Liverpool too.

They have got 2 of the most expensively assembled squads in the history of football in terms of wages. They have 2 of the best coaches in the world, who have both been given years to implement specific styles for their respective clubs. They also both have very specific game plans that would be very hard to emulate, even if you had the same level of resources, time and knowhow.

Liverpool still at times operate with a target man too. Origi would do it in bursts, and Nunez is a target man too. No surprise Klopp loses Origi and adds Nunez. You know, Haaland is a target man too. He can do lots of the other stuff Pep likes, but he is a target man.

For the rest of the league, a player like DCL is important. I honestly cant see any sense in not using him, because of what Liverpool or City do. We are not either of them. If we tried to be, it would all end up like Martinez.

I doubt Real Madrid are coming in for Frank mate.

Why are we only looking at [Poor language removed] premier league players and rejects from the top 6, DO WE HAVE A SCOUTING TEAM?!?

It reminds me on FM when you find a scout that got 20 in ability and potential but their only knowledge is England. Then they keep sending you scout reports on adel taarabt and under scouts note it says "not good enough".

We also have to get away from City and Liverpool too.

They have got 2 of the most expensively assembled squads in the history of football in terms of wages. They have 2 of the best coaches in the world, who have both been given years to implement specific styles for their respective clubs. They also both have very specific game plans that would be very hard to emulate, even if you had the same level of resources, time and knowhow.

Liverpool still at times operate with a target man too. Origi would do it in bursts, and Nunez is a target man too. No surprise Klopp loses Origi and adds Nunez. You know, Haaland is a target man too. He can do lots of the other stuff Pep likes, but he is a target man.

For the rest of the league, a player like DCL is important. I honestly cant see any sense in not using him, because of what Liverpool or City do. We are not either of them. If we tried to be, it would all end up like Martinez.
I'd probably hesitate to label any forward above 6'0 a target man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back