Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at how Lampard has setup at Derby, Chelsea and here until he had to become pragmatic.

It's obvious he won't target a traditional ball winner as a number 6, but try with a high pressing style instead across the mid/forward line.

It's why MGW, Gallacher, Zinchenko are all likely players he'd like in as all three have great stats in that regard although all three more attack minded box to box sorts.

Nope been saying this for a while, he will press rather then play a pivot, don’t expect a 6, well a traditional one anyway.

Nope been saying this for a while, he will press rather then play a pivot, don’t expect a 6, well a traditional one anyway.

Yup it's why the winks link made sense to a degree also why we seem to be targeting CMs who are box to box with very high energy (and shockingly goals in them).

Really fascinated to see what formation we plan to go with this season - seems to me anyways it's not gonna be a 3cb one thank God.

Who we end up with in that 6 role I have no idea atm either

Yup it's why the winks link made sense to a degree also why we seem to be targeting CMs who are box to box with very high energy (and shockingly goals in them).

Really fascinated to see what formation we plan to go with this season - seems to me anyways it's not gonna be a 3cb one thank God.

Its 352 my Jack.

High energy lids, who can break a line seems to be the profile mate. I can get on board with that.

It’s all getting a bit rich though I like MGW and Gallagher, not sure either are worth 30 mill though. Im not sure there is huge value there. If we are talking that kind of money I’d prefer Zinchenko.

We have a lot of centre half’s mate, I think 3 could be an option, or else we are going to shed a couple.

If I was to call it I think we will go 433.

To be honest I’d be like D, it’s creativity I’m concerned about, that would be my priority personally. Interesting young Flash picked up 10 today, hear a new contract is in the chamber to.

High energy lids, who can break a line seems to be the profile mate. I can get on board with that.

It’s all getting a bit rich though I like MGW and Gallagher, not sure either are worth 30 mill though. Im not sure there is huge value there. If we are talking that kind of money I’d prefer Zinchenko.

We have a lot of centre half’s mate, I think 3 could be an option, or else we are going to shed a couple.

If I was to call it I think we will go 433.

To be honest I’d be like D, it’s creativity I’m concerned about, that would be my priority personally. Interesting young Flash picked up 10 today, hear a new contract is in the chamber to.

I think Gallacher is for sure worth thst much - MGW (maybe) but both worth thst in the same way Richy was worth 40m when we bought him, as in paying a lot over what their worth is now for the expected growth of the player over a few seasons, does massively limit profit on selling them on down the line though.

Was good news on Gordon - expect him to sign a new contract soon tbh.

I think Gallacher is for sure worth thst much - MGW (maybe) but both worth thst in the same way Richy was worth 40m when we bought him, as in paying a lot over what their worth is now for the expected growth of the player over a few seasons, does massively limit profit on selling them on down the line though.

Was good news on Gordon - expect him to sign a new contract soon tbh.

I think it’s a tad rich for both if I’m being honest mate, I’m going off the Gallagher deal a bit to be honest, I like him, but I think 30 mill is very expensive, equally for MGW, they both carry a degree of risk, for a big outlay, even if they are investments. Maybe that what we have and should be doing, but without a track record for Thelwel/Lampard I think they are big calls, that I’d be a bit jittery about, even though I like both.

Would you put it past us, to sack Lampard before Xmas after brining in a heap of pressing, pocession based players, I wouldn’t either.….

Could be mate, until we start pre season hard to predict atm as we literally struggle for the players for any system until the midfield gets new blood in there.
Feels absolutely nailed on that we’ll be three at the back.

Lampard and Thelwell’s favourite formation - the man’s written a book about it ffs.

If we sell Mina and loan Branthwaite then four at the back will seem more likely. If we still have Mina, Tarks, Keane, Godfrey and Holgate when the season starts then guaranteed he’s going 3 centre backs….shame too, 3 centre backs is horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back