Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bail again for our record signing.

Mad case that must be.

His wages must come in handy looking forward to the summer though.
Yeah but imagine if it all comes to nothing. Even that unnamed player would have been helpful in our struggles.

It will be a welcome development if we are signing younger players that are vaguely known to some of us or aren't known at all. We need a complete reset with transfers now.

Thelwell in particular has to be allowed get on with his work. We have to rediscover the art of making profits on player trading down the line and also signing players on the up in their careers and well before their peak.

I wouldn't advocate a policy where you can't show any flexibility from that at all but as far as I'm concerned I want no more aging, past-it, injury-prone, slow has-beens on long contracts and completely unwarranted wages. I'd rather lose a good player on a free after three years than be handing out mega-contacts to Tosun and Co.

It's a huge market out there and we have to make scouting come into its own. We likely will
not be able to afford the domestic premium that comes with signing British players.

I was all set to agree until the lsst sentence.

Of course the club can sign British players and would have the funds to do so.

Look at Lamptey and Livramento...also Guehi all ex Chelsea. Weve also done well it seems with Branthwaite and potentially Patterson.

Seen a report from a Portuguese journalist. Saying his numbers are terrible for a guy valued at 60/70mil. His pace and size gets him out of trouble. But his all round game is poor.

His touch, hold up play, awareness and creating for teammates. Apparently in Europe he gives 1 of every 2 passes away.

This journalist says he’s nowhere near worth what’s being talking about. He’s also had 3 bad knee injuries in 5yrs.

The only thing in his favour is he’s 23.

Very similar to Gray imo in that he works well in a counter attacking side with space ahead of him.

When players are much closer and he has to get past them...theres a problem.

Does it really help FFP. Keane is contracted to 2025. We’d have to give Tarkowski a contract for the same period. Say we sell Keane for 10mil we probably make 7/8 on the books and save his reported 70k a week. I reckon tarkowski will want more than 70k he’s on 50k at Burnley. And will want a big signing on fee as a free transfer. I’m not sure it works out as such a big Benefit financially.

We could a 20mil pound young CB over 5yrs and he would cost 4mil and on probably half what Keane’s on

Signing cheap or free transfers and fflaoding our crap is the only way to get out of the state we are in quickly . I’d be moving on davies , Richy, DCL, Mina , holgate , gomes , Rondon and gray . Obviously we aren’t doing that in one window but they are the only ones that will fetch money and we won’t get “ good “ money for any of them apart from Richy and DCL ….

Kenny, delph, siggy and tuson are all out the door this summer thankfully and we need to raise money so frank can actually do something in the market as I’m not confident that there will be 3 worse teams that is in the prem next year if we have these players playing for us

He would have scored 5 goals this season and taken some good corners.
That would have helped.
I’ve never been a fan, but he does seem to create.
Yeah we're in desperate need of someone who can provide proper setpieces and corners as good as Gordon has been, his setpieces are pretty mediocre

I predict Everton signing McNeil from newly relegated Burnley for a sum considerably more than you’d expect to get a player from a relegated team.

He will of course show precisely why he was playing for Burnley for the 4 years we have him before he leaves quietly on a free.

Newcastle linked to DCL again.

Just the type of profile they would be trying for i think.

Theyre the team who would pay the most i think as well.
Zat man, you post every story from every single publication, I mean thats up to you and all that, but you seem to believe everything you read, which really concerns me.

Anyway, just wondered if you're aware that 99% of the stories you link are rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.