Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he would have helped. It's just another variable that has gone against us this season losing our record signing for nothing.

View attachment 162713

This is it really, in my opinion we have missed Gylfi hugely, he always got a bad press on here from a footballing point of view but to my mind it was never reflective of his contribution which most undervalued.

Away from that, selling Digne, Jamo while also loosing Gylfi was stupid. Our last four goals, were two penalties and two deflected shots and we have been toothless in creativity and getting between and behind lines all season, DCL hasnt touched the ball in the box in years. We are on a a wing and prayer creativity wise, 3 points above the drop zone. Of all the stupid things Everton have done in recent years i think selling all our of our most creative players, in the knowledge that we would be loosing Gylfi was one of the most stupid.

And here we are......

Last edited:

This is it really, in my opinion we have missed Gylfi hugely, he always got a bad press on here from a footballing point of view but to my mind it was never reflective of his contribution which most undervalued.

Away from that, selling Digne, Jamo while also loosing Gylfi was stupid. Our last four goals, were two penalties and two deflected shots and we have been toothless in creativity and getting between and behind lines all season, DCL hasnt touched the ball in the box in years. We are on a a wing and prayer creativity wise, 3 points above the drop zone. Of all the stupid things Everton have done in recent years i think selling all our of our most creative players, in the knowledge that we would be loosing Gylfi was one of the most stupid.

And here we are......
Yep. If we had him available all season, Im certain we would have more points and not being in the situation we are in. We wouldnt be in a relegation scrap and his threat on here would be filled with how worthless he is.

Bail again for our record signing.

Mad case that must be.

His wages must come in handy looking forward to the summer though.
Well it has potentially:
Underaged Sex
Prostitution
Human Trafficking
Blackmail

I would be very surprised if the club reach or attempt an out of court settlement over a breach of contract but £5m+ is a big chunk of change.

We should put Patterson on loan to see how well he does defensively and then buy another right back, djed spence from Middlesbrough would be a fantastic option, he’s playing amazing at Nottingham forest.

We should put Patterson on loan to see how well he does defensively and then buy another right back, djed spence from Middlesbrough would be a fantastic option, he’s playing amazing at Nottingham forest.

Boro fans didnt rate Spence at all...neither did their management which is why he was shifted to Forest.

Could this be a 'breakthrough' season, perhaps. Does he look better this season than what weve seen from Pattersons short career? Not for me.

Boro fans didnt rate Spence at all...neither did their management which is why he was shifted to Forest.

Could this be a 'breakthrough' season, perhaps. Does he look better this season than what weve seen from Pattersons short career? Not for me.
Thats not what happened, he had an argument with Warnock over some off field stuff and was dropped. He would have been a better buy last summer when we were linked as he has a more balanced game than Patterson in terms of defending/attacking. That ship has long sailed though and he is now being mooted with replacing your mate Emerson at Spurs and at Arsenal and a couple of German clubs. We will see in the summer if he moves on from Boro and just signs for Forest or gets a big move.

???

We should play Patterson. He was going to play against West Ham. We are not. Going tobecsigning another right back when other areas of the squad need so much work.

Status
Not open for further replies.