Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather go for hungry players from the Championship or from leagues like Germany and France than the picking up players off top six benches as we often do. We need players with a point to prove Leicester 's recruitment need to be the model to follow.
Players ‘with a point to prove’ seems to have become a bit of a buzz phrase but it doesn’t really mean anything does it. Any player could be said to have a point to prove, but it seems to be something that’s just applied in hindsight to signings who do well.

We need creativity. Digne, James, and even the player on bail provided a large amount of our assists last year and haven't really been replaced

£35m bid for Fred incoming.
Would be more like us to buy the likes of Rashford for ££££ to replace the dual sale this summer of DCL and Richarlison. Big name player who hasn't performed at the highest level for a few years now. Already into a terminal career nosedive, but will be rewarded by us with a long contract and highest wages at the club. Within months we will be wondering why Frank/Sean/Sam/Jose/whichever other washed up managerial waster we end up with won't put him on the pitch, even when circumstances are desperate. Although the happy clappers on here will continue to hope that the right manager can get something out of him, somehow.

Gylfi had 18 goals and 8 assists from open play in the league for us in about 10000 minutes played coming out to a cool 1 in every 380 minutes or so. He was garbage.
LOL

You are wetting yourself cos Alex Iwobi ran a bit in 1 game, meanwhile dismissing a player that ACTUALLY produced goals and assists.

I bet you think Gordon is good as well.

Regarding our record signing, we massively overpaid and he never made the impact we wanted, but he scored and created goals and the impact of his loss has very much been felt this season.

No, I dont miss him and no I dont want him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back