Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a fair bit of Watkins as I don't like Villa and always enjoy your lot getting beat. He's not a terrible striker by any stretch, I'm just saying DCL is far far better in every single department.

That's not my Everton bias either, you've got a few players I'd take any day of the week who are better than what we have.

But a fit DCL is a far more rounded player than Watkins is
His goal return doesn't support that though. And isn't that all that matters at the end of the day for strikers?

Chelsea won't want to sell to West Ham. They hate that club. They'd much rather keep this fella on their books and as such a loan agreement with their old mates at Everton seems a much better option. Seal the deal Frankie.

They will if they want to have a chance at buying rice

I can't see Doucoure getting in a join team. Kamara (yet to debut in the PL admittedly) and Luiz would both be ahead of him. Martinez v Pickford is a flip of a coin. DCL had a poor season and from a contribution perspective, there isn't much to distinguish between him and Ings. Also, if any of those players get injured there is very little strength in depth

I like Everton, you are a proper PL team and should be doing better than u are. I am just a fan, like u guys, and I am just being honest with my opinions
Dont really see much between the teams is not alot of players i would have from you. I think both first 11 similar with us hopefully getting more in i see no reason why we wont be close again this season.

His goal return doesn't support that though. And isn't that all that matters at the end of the day for strikers?

No mate, hold up play, bringing others into play, bullying Centre halves, being an aerial threat and defensively are all important factors.

So if I give you a bit of sympathy and say their goal scoring records are similar, I'm sure you'll agree the rest of what I've said are correct a d that you would prefer DCL to Watkins as he's far better in all of the above departments I've mentioned.

I wouldnt visit your house and tell you that your tea towels were crap.
You are more than welcome to. But I didn't say your tea towels were crap, I was just talking football like football fans used to do in the pub before Covid. I was discussing your team, would u prefer if I said I think you are going to win the PL this season because you have the best team in the league? The general discourse on here is that the majority of your players are crap and u desperately need some good signings. Why take it so personally when somebody that openly admits they are not an Everton fan discusses players with you? Does everyone u have to have an honest conversation about football with have to be an Everton fan?

You are more than welcome to. But I didn't say your tea towels were crap, I was just talking football like football fans used to do in the pub before Covid. I was discussing your team, would u prefer if I said I think you are going to win the PL this season because you have the best team in the league? The general discourse on here is that the majority of your players are crap and u desperately need some good signings. Why take it so personally when somebody that openly admits they are not an Everton fan discusses players with you? Does everyone u have to have an honest conversation about football with have to be an Everton fan?
You are free to do as you please, as long as you follow the forum rules.

Just expect hostility, cos to some, football is tribal.

I'd prefer If you stuck to a villa forum rather them acting all superior on here .

Yeah maybe with the likes of Doucoure/Allan/Iwobi/MGW? around him he could sit in the six? Who knows I just think Lamps rates him so it's very possible.

True our recruitment has been horrific mostly for a long time, for various reasons but mainly because the governance of the club has been one of interference and the DOF/various managers(often for difference formations they haven't been able to implement /or build upon because their tenors have been that short) have often targetted the wrong profile of player. But Thellwell will know him inside out from his time at Wolves. He is the profile we need to be looking at, but yes the jury is out on the player and KT too, but before he's made a signing for money I will give him the benefit of the doubt, he's walked into a difficult situation that will take a few windows to sort. The problems at the club are manyfold and go to the owner and board aswell.
Fully agreed the problems at the club are manyfold; I'm just not convinced the former Preston and New York man is the saviour he's made out to be (or are we pretending he was the deciding factor in Neves ditching UCL with Porto for Championship Wolves; plus Moutinho and Diogo Jota and the other 9569283 Portugese players signed who alllllllll just happend to be clients of Mendes). He's been here 6 months and signed a decent but-well-known 29 year old CB from a relegated club on a FOUR year deal. Hardly award-winning stuff. Happy to give him time to see what he can do, but am under no illusions the former Preston man is being head-hunted by Bayern or Barca anytime soon.

Cornet feels about right.

Low-ish release clause, was hit and miss at Burnley last season. Pretty good at the start, then got 3 month injury (sign him up!). Then went to AFCON and scored a few goals for them at the end of season aswell as missing open goal at Norwich and that penalty at West Ham when 1 up.

Better out there but in circumstances I understand why he's being targeted.

Tarkowski was a solid start but a bit worried since. I understand the restrictions but Richarlison has been gone a few weeks now so was hoping a new forward would come in by now.

Can see it now, poor start to the season, Lampard already underpressure and 2-3 panic buys on August 31st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back