Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it really. But the other thing that gets forgotten, is that P/S is about club losses and not transfer fees, our last loss was £120 mill for season 20/21 the year we signed Jamo etc. You will get nowhere if you apply something like net spend.

Better way to think about is someone like Jimmy Tark costs us 4.5 mill a year, MGW would be about 10+/-, while Cornet about 7/8 mill in annual costs.

I think we have about 20-25 mill wiggle room at the moment. So you might see the above 3 and a couple of loans, unless we player trade some more.
100%

Just pees me right off all the made up nonsense. It is complex, so most folk have to take it as truth. Stressy enough as it is being a blue. Last week “Everton confirmed they are NOT having to seek authorisation for any transfers”. Today we are apparently needing to speak to the PL to get the nod to buy Cornet. All rubbish. No one knows.

Still misunderstanding on here. We do have a pot to pee in. It’s just full of the last three seasons pee (Chang) and we can’t tip any more out till next summer.

Grrr. Beers out, stream on. UTFT

Well that’s different isn’t it. The original post was talking about players coming into the first team. It wasn’t about selling players.

The top clubs have more of a pull, can throw more money at it, and therefore attract better kids, they’ll inevitably get more good players that they can sell. The other thing is they don’t need these players.

If we got a crop of good youngsters through everyone would be straight in the squad. Chelsea could sell Gallagher Gilmour Abraham and it wouldn’t make a difference to them.

So unless we’re suddenly going to spend the money to become a top club, massively invest in our academy, then we might be able to sell the academy players we don’t need, but in the meantime it’s bringing players through into the first team at the same rate other clubs do.

This is just looking for a problem where one doesn’t exist. Everton’s problem is not it’s academy.
The academy isn't the major problem, but it is a problem.

The academy isn't the major problem, but it is a problem.
It has been a massive problem for years and Unsworth has led us into this sorry state with his selfish ways and poor management.

I am hoping that Thelwell's experience of working in the academy at Wolves, his experience of seeing how US sports organisations are run professionally and Lampard's experience of seeing how Chelsea and its academy was run should all combine to give us an idea of how to improve for the future.

Fully agreed the problems at the club are manyfold; I'm just not convinced the former Preston and New York man is the saviour he's made out to be (or are we pretending he was the deciding factor in Neves ditching UCL with Porto for Championship Wolves; plus Moutinho and Diogo Jota and the other 9569283 Portugese players signed who alllllllll just happend to be clients of Mendes). He's been here 6 months and signed a decent but-well-known 29 year old CB from a relegated club on a FOUR year deal. Hardly award-winning stuff. Happy to give him time to see what he can do, but am under no illusions the former Preston man is being head-hunted by Bayern or Barca anytime soon.

The super clubs are less dependent on a guy like Thelwell. Barca and Bayern can play football manager hovering up the best known talent. That being said little evidence so far of any imagination being used

100%

Just pees me right off all the made up nonsense. It is complex, so most folk have to take it as truth. Stressy enough as it is being a blue. Last week “Everton confirmed they are NOT having to seek authorisation for any transfers”. Today we are apparently needing to speak to the PL to get the nod to buy Cornet. All rubbish. No one knows.

Still misunderstanding on here. We do have a pot to pee in. It’s just full of the last three seasons pee (Chang) and we can’t tip any more out till next summer.

Grrr. Beers out, stream on. UTFT
I agree with you re all the made up nonsense. People that don't have a clue like to spout their agenda to get clicks on their social media. Over the years there have been a lot of clubs that have got into FFP/P&S trouble with the EPL or EFL. However, every time it has happened either the EFL or EPL has been public about stating that a named club is being monitored by the EFL/EPL and they give details of the restrictions on the club e.g. they need their approval to sign players etc. To date, and I could be wrong, there has been no statement from the EPL stating that Everton needs to get new signings approved. Yes, money is probably tight but u just registered a 50m sale in the last accounting window (which was mostly accounted for as profit) and u have also done some clever creative accounting regarding Covid losses which have been approved by the EPL. The budget may be tight, hence the caution and delays in signing players (which is sensible and prudent by Everton FC) but I don't believe you need to ask permission to buy a player for 17m quid, it just isn't consistent with the information published from sources that know the inside story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back