Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tarkowski + Mina play together for over 30 games and DCL plays that many as well we should finish top 8.

Thats not the 35 you posted but equally its impossible as Mina wont last 30 games
That 35 number was direct quote from another poster.

Personally I am not a fan of Tarkowski Mina however is quite decent if he stays fit but your problems will come from midfield and the LB/RB areas.
Burnley we’re set up under Dyche to be defensive the pairing of Mee and Tarkowski did well to keep goals against down Lampard won’t set you up that way and again at Burnley they usually had a lump up front who would be a target when Pope, Mee or Tarkowski hit the ball long. I can’t see DCL working in that way

We definitely need to look beyond the Premier League when it comes to signing players like

Have we been linked with anyone this window who didn't either play in the PL last season or isn't currently attached to a PL club?
confused-john-travolta.gif

There was loads of crying on here just because a journo linked us to Lingard. Next thing you knew some were convinced we were offering him 200k a week.

Up to now it’s not been proven true so why so much negativity and anguish over stuff that hasn’t happened?

To be honest, I've not even seen much hysteria about Lingard on here. I'm not sure we are even interested.

But we have improved defensively and we are obviously after an mf and wide forward. That’s not blind faith really, far less so than those saying we are not signing anyone or that we are relegation fodder
Well firstly we haven't 'improved defensively'. We have - theoretically - improved our options at centre half. That is a very different thing and the 2 statements are not in any way interchangeable.

Secondly the blind faith thing was in direct response to you just saying Thelwell and Lampard will make a difference. That is blind faith, it can't be anything else, because there is no real record to speak of of either of them making teams better in this sort of position. Again, there's nothing wrong with having that faith and i'm not saying it's misplaced, i'm just stating facts.

Finally we're just going round in circles here because you're either ignoring or not grasping the most pertinent point being made. I do not doubt we are 'after' some players, I do not doubt that we will add more players before the end of the window. What concerns me is whether those players will be of sufficient quality and the right fit for what we need. In a month's time I might be sat here saying this was a really good window I'm quite excited for this season, but right now I'm starting to get a little concerned because without the right additions it's going to be another long hard slog in my opinion.

All the sounds are positive mate, the owner, the manager etc, we will make signings, no doubht.

I wont beat about the bush we are a financial mess, but are climbing out of the hole, Richarlision was us taking our medicine, we have to ensure value in the market and dent that reputation of being an easy mark and retirement home for everyone else junk. Its a process for me and not an event, changing that afore mentioned identity is a kin to turning an oil tanker around, it wont be done in one window, but in this window if we can sign players we can develop, we tell the world we are something different. If we sign say a Gilmour, MGW, Cornet, we are saying we are changing identity and these lads become the vanguard of what we should be going forward, add in the Warrigtons of this world, another year into young Flash, we work too develop them and improve them. We need to be a place again that's attractive to young players to develop and grow to choose us.

What i would say about Frank is from a coaching point of view i was very impressed with him developing and getting the best out of players, that has to be our identity now, recruit potential and get the best out of it. That needs to be the new Everton and our new identity, because presently our reputation reeks. Recruitment is part of that but not all of it. If it takes a little while to get it right and get value it worth it. We can throw money at it but we are only repeating the same mistakes that dug the hole in the first place.

We need to do all on the above incrementally, three year job and Kev and Lampard need to be left alone to do it.

That's all fine and I agree with making all those changes. The problem is we find ourselves in a pretty precarious position.

As the squad currently stands, I would expect another relegation battle. It's not hysterical at all to say this squad minus Richarlison could go down. That's why we need to strengthen as soon as possible. We are 3 weeks away from meaningful PL football, and a good start would help us hopefully avoid another season as bad as the last.

That 35 number was direct quote from another poster.

Personally I am not a fan of Tarkowski Mina however is quite decent if he stays fit but your problems will come from midfield and the LB/RB areas.
Burnley we’re set up under Dyche to be defensive the pairing of Mee and Tarkowski did well to keep goals against down Lampard won’t set you up that way and again at Burnley they usually had a lump up front who would be a target when Pope, Mee or Tarkowski hit the ball long. I can’t see DCL working in that way

I mean DCL is one of the most aerially dominant centre forwards in the league mate.

We set up playing deeper under Lampard, defeated teams like Chelsea doing so, which would suit Tarkowski, wouldnt it?

Dear fans

Too hot to sign players this week. Please check back next week. Here are some photos of a building site.

Yours,
The Board
You can also add;

Due to the women european ? taking place, we believe that prices are too high and so there is no value for players during this summer 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back