Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also had the worst injuries in the league, they were terrible luck, the Rafael implosion and about 8 points robbed by VAR. Tarks will be a huge asset and so will DCL fit and new signings, maybe even a couple of the kids also stepping up
It’s certainly not as bad as people suggesting
It won't be as long as we get a midfielder or two in. We will struggle big time with the players we currently have in there.

A solid competent midfield would improve us massively. Doesn't even have to be anything mad, just some solid pros who can pass a ball and move around a bit.

Lots of ifs, buts and maybes in these posts. I think you are overrating our squad by quite a lot. You are talking in definitive terms about things that none of us know. You kept telling us things were obvious last summer too, and we didn't strengthen the squad.

There's nothing clear at all about where we will be after the window shuts. Unless you can tell the future then you don't know. All we do know, is that the league starts in under 3 weeks and the squad is looking very poor. We lost our best player and don't have much quality in attack.

We got 39 points last year - the table doesn't lie. We don't have much margin for error and it's unrealistic to expect this same squad minus Richarlison to do a lot better.
Absolutely, but we have improved at the back and it’s clear we are after a wide forward and a decent midfielder. Richie was great and will be a loss but we can adapt our game without him and hopefully to suit franks style

It won't be as long as we get a midfielder or two in. We will struggle big time with the players we currently have in there.

A solid competent midfield would improve us massively. Doesn't even have to be anything mad, just some solid pros who can pass a ball and move around a bit.
100% this and, as I said above, we are clearly after a a wide forward and decent midfielder at the best least, and I expect more again

I think the difference being thelwell and frank, I mean we’ve already improved the defence for free
And of course it's fine for you to think like that, but let's just be clear that you're talking about blind faith here and therefore nothing is 'clear' or 'obvious' and people who don't have the same level of blind faith as you aren't bedwetting or being unreasonably negative, they're likely just looking at things a bit more analytically than you.

Hoping for?

I know Lampard does like Gilmour a lot and he probably fits the profile what Everton need and are looking for. But he was poor last season. Very poor. Probably worse than Tom Davies or Harry Winks ever have been.

Also the Chelsea news are that he left the camp to potentially join up with their U23 squad. After not being among the 22 players getting minutes in their friendly yesterday.

It just feels like getting Gilmour in now could be a waste for a loan spot. Blocking other loans from Chelsea and leaving us with just one domestic loan for the season.

Are you hoping for a permanent Gilmour signing?

Certainly hoping for mate, im a big Billy Gilmour fan, he would have been one of my priorities this summer. Huge range of opinion on the lad on here.

But i trust my eye, i think he's an amazing talent in the engine room, my concern with him would be his colleagues if he came here, though MGW would assure me.

I don't see why anyone would be feeling positive when most of this abysmal squad remains at the club, and we lost our best attacker.

I'm not going to feel optimistic until this squad is overhauled because they are really bad.

It's not bed wetting either to have low expectations. It's the realistic position to take at the minute. The squad has got weaker currently, so it's hard to see us not being near the bottom again.

There’s legitimate criticism of the big picture at Everton, all of the prostests against the board etc. are fully deserved. I’ve slagged these players off more than anyone on here so I’m in full agreement with you that they’re not good enough and need turfing out.

What is draining though is this constant overreaction to stuff that hasn’t happened or might not even be true.

‘Why are we paying Lingard 200k a week’

‘Why haven’t we bought Tarkowski yet, we’ve probably lost him to West Ham’

‘Why do we not have a scouting department, we’re only looking at PL free agents’

‘We’ve got not money at all’

‘Thelwell isn’t doing anything’

I’d wager that none of these are true yet stuff like this just keeps getting banded around to add to the negative climate.

There’s already more than enough to be negative about without inventing stuff that hasn’t even happened.

The thing is of the 20 players over 23,you have Townsend, injured for at least 6 months, Mina, who is constantly injured, Allan, often injured and Gomes, again injury prone. Add to the mix, Rondon, who is just not good enough and the run of the mill injuries that any team will pick up over the course of a season and I think we will see young players getting minutes this season.
Our subs bench for the Crystal Palace game last season was
Begovic, Kenny, Godfrey, Welch, Allan, Davies, Van Der Beek, Alli & Gray

So that was one 'young prospect' out of 9 subs in a game we already had Mina, Townsend, Rondon, Branthwaite, Gbamin, Nkounkou & Patterson all unavailable!

It doesn't matter if Rondon isn't very good or not! He was picked regularly last term ahead of players such as Dobbin or Simms! Just because we can bring an extra 2 from our 9 subs off the bench next season doesn't mean clubs are going to use those 2 lads as youth prospects!

Lampard is more likely to do this than other managers in the league, but you saw against Boreham Wood he wasn't going to bring Welch & co on, until we got another goal, as he didn't want to risk it! How often next season do you think we are going to be in enough of a lead to give an 18/19 year old minutes ahead of an established (rubbish or not) 1st team player

Wouldn't count Palace or Villa to finish above us - Palace were incredible lucky on injuries last season and Gallacher was a 'free' 40m player for them, still only managed the same number of wins as the worst performing Everton team in a loooooooooong time, Villa are turd, with a awful manager to boot.

Still not sure on Newcastle either, few good players but a lot of just run of the mill players too, and how faces pressure last season was almost a free hit for him

Hey football is all about opinions.

Newcastle for instance may have some average players but they also sone very good players like Callum Wilson who if he stays fit is a very decent finisher.
What's your opinion of Vale mate? Seen he's been cut from the pre season with Gilmour and a few others, worth a loan or way too soon for this level?

I'm also hoping we see a move for Pulisic out the blue (loan obv) but feel his marketing profile kinda dictates he's got to be at a high profile CL club regardless of it's impact on his actual career as a player
Looks if he is going to be a player but needs a loan and that what I expect he will get probably Championship level at the moment or off the bench at a PL but no where near ready for a starter at that level.
Tuchal took a huge number of players to the States 29 to be precise and that’s before several other joined up and of course the new signings And RLC and Kante who aren’t vaccinated
Broja has returned possibly to go to WHU , maybe a loan maybe a permanent but he primarily returned because he picked up a foot injury. Gilmour isn’t going to be in our squad next season so like Anjorin has joined up with the U23 but more importantly keep the numbers that TT is working with manageable

Im not stressing to be honest, not naively so as we need to improve, but im prepared to put a bit of faith in the Lampard/Kev axis, our issues have been glaringly obvious in terms of recruitment and if it means extra focus, patience and negotiation to get value im happy enough with that. Moyes used to drive us all scatty, leaving things to the last minute, but he always got value, if that's the way of it, im happy to back it. Blind faith maybe, but hey that's the game.

I have faith in them, in fact I have a lot of faith in Lampard.

I have very little faith that they will be supported in the transfer market though. The fact that the club sold Richarlison for over £50m and didn't have anyone lined up as a replacement speaks volumes.

I don't think the manager is being supported properly. He needs players to be moved on and replacements to be brought in.

the-office-michael-scott.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.