Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't count Palace or Villa to finish above us - Palace were incredible lucky on injuries last season and Gallacher was a 'free' 40m player for them, still only managed the same number of wins as the worst performing Everton team in a loooooooooong time, Villa are turd, with a awful manager to boot.

Still not sure on Newcastle either, few good players but a lot of just run of the mill players too, and how faces pressure last season was almost a free hit for him
Roy Hodgson got more wins than Viera in his final season.

Let people just drown in their incessant ridiculous negativity

One day it’s ‘we’ve got no money, we’re the worst squad in the league’

The next it’s ‘why are we paying that for him, we don’t need him, we could attract better’

It’s just relentless criticism whatever the club does at the moment. The fanbase has learned nothing from the positivity generated towards the end of last season. Straight back to loads of ‘yes, but…’ moaning about absolutely everything.
Yes, you and I are definitely in the same camp when it comes to the bed setters.

The next it’s ‘why are we paying that for him, we don’t need him, we could attract better’

It’s just relentless criticism whatever the club does at the moment. The fanbase has learned nothing from the positivity generated towards the end of last season. Straight back to loads of ‘yes, but…’ moaning about absolutely everything.

I don't see why anyone would be feeling positive when most of this abysmal squad remains at the club, and we lost our best attacker.

I'm not going to feel optimistic until this squad is overhauled because they are really bad.

It's not bed wetting either to have low expectations. It's the realistic position to take at the minute. The squad has got weaker currently, so it's hard to see us not being near the bottom again.

So Is fans positivity gona buy us players or make Michael Keane and Andre Gomes better players ? What the fans done last season was boss but it was out of necessity it wasn’t like we were on sum magical cup and we enjoying every second of it

Yes, you and I are definitely in the same camp when it comes to the bed setters.
There's a difference between the fingers in your ears 'everything is absolutely fine let's all laugh at anyone who shows any concern because this has been another great summer for us' attitude and the 'i'm not really happy with how things are going but i'm not necessarily going to start saying we're the worst team in the league' way of looking at things though. Whether you mean to or not, you very much come across like you're in the first camp, and you're pretty much in a minority of one in seeing it that way.

Sold our best player for less than he's worth to meet a deadline to allow us to spend and 18 days later we only have a free transfer that was agreed before said deadline to show for it.

I am going to assume the fact that the team is in America has a lot to do with it and the first week back will mean the first few signings in.

We don't have the worst squad in the league, and we could do a little better than expected this year. But we do have a squad who could get relegated. I'm not saying we will get relegated, because we could easily just avoid it again like we did last year, but it could happen with these players. They are the same squad minus our best player, and plus a decent defender on a free. Overall I think we are a little weaker, and we only got 39 points, so we are not in a good position.

When do we receive Sky payments? Is that towards the end of the window?
When we were previously skint, there always seemed a small flurry of activity just after we got the payment.
Kenwrights forward planning and acumen at its very best.

There's a difference between the fingers in your ears 'everything is absolutely fine let's all laugh at anyone who shows any concern because this has been another great summer for us' attitude and the 'i'm not really happy with how things are going but i'm not necessarily going to start saying we're the worst team in the league' way of looking at things though. Whether you mean to or not, you very much come across like you're in the first camp, and you're pretty much in a minority of one in seeing it that way.

This is essentially putting what I feel.

I dont think I'm doing it well, and probably coming across as the former in your example.

The squad is unbalanced, desperately short in some areas, and bang average in others. I think some of the guys a consensus are good are actually average (Mykolenko & Godfrey). The board is woeful. The manager is quite inexperienced.

That being said, in our worst season in 20 years, with over half of it with a deeply unpopular manager who lost the plot, we got nearly twice as many points as the 20th place team.

Sometimes theres a conversation about the degrees of how bad we are.

We don't have the worst squad in the league, and we could do a little better than expected this year. But we do have a squad who could get relegated. I'm not saying we will get relegated, because we could easily just avoid it again like we did last year, but it could happen with these players. They are the same squad minus our best player, and plus a decent defender on a free. Overall I think we are a little weaker, and we only got 39 points, so we are not in a good position.
I don't see any of the newly promoted clubs being as useless as Watford or Norwich were last season, with the possible exception of Bournemouth who have been quiet so far. The bottom of the table might be more competitive than it was last season were you had three sides were fighting to avoid one position. I make the three newly promoted teams, Southampton, Leeds and us as clearly the worst squads in the league. If Lampard manages the squad well then we could get out in front of the rest of them but we all know what happened last season, a few injuries and defeats and these players wilt like spinach in a hot pan and there's not telling how far we can fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.