Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I suspect the club would dearly like to get Mina's wages off the books this summer, regardless of how good he is

If we could bring in Colwill or similar age/quality left footer then makes sense...otherwise we probably need Mina the way things look.

He did 24 and 28 the 2 seasons before last. I don't think its unreasonable that we get that out of him if we aren't rushing him back to stop the bleeding when he's clearly not fit.

Anythings possible...id just play him in the league gamed and nurse him along for a season.

Tell him and Tarkowski not to concede at any cost and see what happens lol

Madness to believe this IMO.

The top 8 or the fitness part or both...?

If we could bring in Colwill or similar age/quality left footer then makes sense...otherwise we probably need Mina the way things look.

Anythings possible...id just play him in the league gamed and nurse him along for a season.

Tell him and Tarkowski not to concede at any cost and see what happens lol

The top 8 or the fitness part or both...?

Top 8

I am a probably the biggest doom monger when it comes to Chelsea so I really do applaud supporters who always expect ( not hope ) things from their clubs.

That said I do think even if Mina and DCL do indeed play 35 + games to finish in the top 8 is way way too opomistic.

In no particular order I think these will be above you.

WHU, Spurs, Liverpool, City, Utd, Arsenal, Us, Newcastle, Palace, Villa

Teams you could be above but far from sure

Southampton, Brighton, Forest, Leeds,Brentford, Wolves, Leicester

Teams if you don’t finish above you will be in real trouble

Bournemouth, Fulham

There are still 45 days left in this TW and of course clubs still can do a massive amount of business there’s absolutely no doubt that you likewise could be bringing in a number of players. If you rely on loans that will be ok in terms of potential but you need PL experience and not oldies

What's your opinion of Vale mate? Seen he's been cut from the pre season with Gilmour and a few others, worth a loan or way too soon for this level?

I'm also hoping we see a move for Pulisic out the blue (loan obv) but feel his marketing profile kinda dictates he's got to be at a high profile CL club regardless of it's impact on his actual career as a player

Mina won’t last the end of august before being injured again. Some of you never learn.

Godfrey and Tarkowski might be ok together though, so not the end of the world in that department.

If we go into the new season with the likes of Holgate, Davies, Keane, Coleman or Gomes getting near the first choice starting XI then we are screwed.

Massive season for Gordon, he needs to start producing and contributing if he’s going to be a regular, same with Gray who was at least a bit of a contributor last season with goals and assists.

Hard to be even slightly optimistic about this squad not being in a relegation scrap again.

Good job we have pre-season and signings to improve that then.

Let people just drown in their incessant ridiculous negativity

One day it’s ‘we’ve got no money, we’re the worst squad in the league’

The next it’s ‘why are we paying that for him, we don’t need him, we could attract better’

It’s just relentless criticism whatever the club does at the moment. The fanbase has learned nothing from the positivity generated towards the end of last season. Straight back to loads of ‘yes, but…’ moaning about absolutely everything.

Let people just drown in their incessant ridiculous negativity

One day it’s ‘we’ve got no money, we’re the worst squad in the league’

The next it’s ‘why are we paying that for him, we don’t need him, we could attract better’

It’s just relentless criticism whatever the club does at the moment. The fanbase has learned nothing from the positivity generated towards the end of last season. Straight back to loads of ‘yes, but…’ moaning about absolutely everything.
OK bill

And that came from Mr Moshiri himself mate ??‍♂️

I'd rather see actions than words. He has said a lot of things over the years.

Lampard has had his best player sold and not had £1 reinvested in improving the squad. The club have also not moved on the players who he doesn't want. He is the person that is being let down, and if we don't get a few signings, he will be manager of the season if he has us above a relegation battle

Status
Not open for further replies.