Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think that? Who is going to buy him and why?

Ordinarily I'd agree, he's better than the championship even if his level is lower half of the PL, but the injuries change it I think. We're not cutting the rate all the way down and clubs at the level he'll attract might not like the risk. So I'm with Mike in having questions over who actually does it.
There'll be takers based on last season. Newcastle would be my bet. If we don't get relegated, he might stay here, if we do he'll be off (at a discount, sadly).

There'll be takers based on last season. Newcastle would be my bet. If we don't get relegated, he might stay here, if we do he'll be off (at a discount, sadly).

Newcastle may be our best hope, but I can’t see any competently run top club on earth buying a striker who’s constantly injured and scored one open play goal all season. I don’t even think his form in the first third of last season would be enough to convince someone over that. If we get an offer anywhere in the region of £20m I would rip arms off.

If/when we go down, I'd like to see us go for Viktor Gyokeres at Coventry. Saw him in the flesh up at Middlesbrough and he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.

Strong, tall, has pace and skill and is an excellent finisher at that level. 15 in 45 this season with 5 assists.

"A midfielder called " as in you've/ we've never heard of him.
Wolves player and great prospect on loan at the Blades. A no 10 / 2nd striker.
An irrelevance for Everton.
I don't follow championship football, so I had never heard of him. Simple as that.

I know others on here follow multiple leagues so figured this was a good place to ask. I'm not making out I've "spotted" a player, apologies if you felt otherwise.

Seeing as you apparently have watched him, have you seen him playing as an 8 in a midfield three, or do Sheff U exclusively play 4231?

Yeah I listed their teams in the post.

Johnson and Edwards are at their home clubs while the other 4 are on loan.

@Tree13 had brought up a player on loan at Wolves who I dont think would be 'available'.

These players could be.
Some much more likely options from the championship

Keane Lewis Potter (Hull) 21
Elijah Adebayo (Luton) 24
Max Bird (Derby) 21
Jason Knight (Derby) 21
Joe Worrall (Forest) 25
Tyrese Campbell (Stoke) 22
John Swift (Reading) 26
Naby Sarr (Huddersfield 28
Sorba Thomas (Huddersfield) 22

Now none of them are under 20 so they might not be for you. But these have been the best players in the league this season...barring the obvious Mitrovic, Diaz, Johnson, Garner etc etc.
Worrall would be ideal for us i'd say, only problem we have i(similar to Johnson) is Forest are likely to be playing in the Prem next season (they can even go up automatically as Bournemouth are flagging and they play each other).
All these would be automatically ready to step into the first team squad as even the younger of this selection have played around 100 first team games

Last edited:
Some much more likely options from the championship

Kiernan Dewsbury Hall (Hull) 21
Elijah Adebayo (Luton) 24
Max Bird (Derby) 21
Jason Knight (Derby) 21
Joe Worrall (Forest) 25
Tyrese Campbell (Stoke) 22
John Swift (Reading) 26
Naby Sarr (Huddersfield 28
Sorba Thomas (Huddersfield) 22

Now none of them are under 20 so they might not be for you. But these have been the best players in the league this season...barring the obvious Mitrovic, Diaz, Johnson, Garner etc etc.
Worrall would be ideal for us i'd say, only problem we have i(similar to Johnson) is Forest are likely to be playing in the Prem next season (they can even go up automatically as Bournemouth are flagging and they play each other).
All these would be automatically ready to step into the first team squad as even the younger of this selection have played around 100 first team games

Not sure where you get your names from mini-Zat but the first one on the list is a starter for Leicester City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back