Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accept the risk/reward aspect of it all and if we signed more of a mixture of established PL players and more speculative overseas prospects then that would be fine but we don't. We predominantly sign supposedly established PL talent for big fees and on big wages and also expensive overseas players. The two examples you gave, Kean and Gbamin both cost more than £20m each, that's not what I'm talking about us doing. We should be looking for <£10m players on lower wages from abroad so that if and when they're rubbish it's not going to cripple us and if they're good we can offer higher wages and extended contracts. Lots of other clubs speculate like this. We seem immune to it as a strategy and would rather sign Harry Winks and Maxwell Cornet on big salaries and probably sizeable fees. It's self-defeating.
But we wouldn't 'rather sign Winks or Cornet' for sizeable fees mate, because we quite literally haven't signed Winks because Spurs were demanding an obligation, and so far it looks like we've offered a loan deal only for Cornet

Just saw that. Big fan of dendoncker but he ain't all that nippy about the pitch. Think he would definitely be a big improvement in terms of quality but we would still need an out and out DM.
He's not slow really, can definitely get about.

I think he'd be an excellent signing personally.

You bring in someone like that, and it means the '6' can be someone like Gilmour, who is more diminutive and more about receiving the ball from the defence etc.

Even if the powers that be ARE watching over our shoulder, surely we can bring in Grillitsch on a free and Knight for a modest fee. They would instantly improve the midfield.

Problem with Grillitsch mate is one he will likely want massive wages and two have you seen his injury history, it's absolutely Mina like levels of missing games

You bring in someone like that, and it means the '6' can be someone like Gilmour, who is more diminutive and more about receiving the ball from the defence etc.

We need two players who can actually score/create from the midfield '5' mate. Who are actually comfortable on the ball too.

Think Frank knows that too. Hence why he wanted Gallacher or MGW (or both I'd guess)

Problem with adding Gilmour atm is you can see a repeat of Norwich happening, he receives the ball and literally has no options around him whatsoever - it's why this recruitment is so difficult under financial constraints, as we need to add three players minimum but each kind of depends on being sble to get in the others to make it actually work.

Even if the powers that be ARE watching over our shoulder, surely we can bring in Grillitsch on a free and Knight for a modest fee. They would instantly improve the midfield.

Bring in Gueye on a one year loan, last time we had any semblance of being difficult to play through was before he left, whst I've seen of him at PSG he still has the legs and energy levels he always had, and you know he has the right attitude - he always did

Look I want us to go and explore other leagues too. But people act like it's not a risk. There is risk, in the market we're shopping in. Again, I don't care what league they're in, if they're the right fit and the deal is right. You can get better value for money in Europe especially, but there are risks with it too.
Huge risks and we need players with strong character… there’ll be a lot more information on players from the EPL so can understand most of the links being from there.

Easy to say we should be signing players from the likes of RB Salzburg, but they are at the top of their league under no pressure, it’s really hard to know how these players going to slot in to a relegation battle.

A massive task and they can’t get it wrong.

Was thinking similar.

Send inker and Gilmour would improve our midfield massively I think.

We need two players who can actually score/create from the midfield '5' mate. Who are actually comfortable on the ball too.

Think Frank knows that too. Hence why he wanted Gallacher or MGW (or both I'd guess)
Yeah I would be happy with Dendoncker over the Gilmour/Winks type, if it had to be one or the other.

I think MGW is honestly seen as more of a forward/wide player, but if it had to be him and Dendoncker then it'd be fine by me.

I doubt we get two of Wolves' players, mind.

Dendoncker is far from a bad player, but why aren’t we looking outside of England FFS. Becoming comical.
One year left on his deal, proven player in the Prem, a Belgian international, 27 and fills a position we need.

If he could be prized away for £10-15m then that's as good a value as punting on someone from Ligue 1 for the same price IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back