Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many loans from the Premier league are we allowed to bring in, I know its more from abroad. Loans might be the only chance we have to improve this sorry lot, I hope its not 1 and we waste it on Billy gilmour.
Rules are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

Because he only has a year left on his contract, next year he can go for nothing

From what I’ve read the club have an option for another year.

And they still aren’t going to sell him for £10 million - 3 or 4 other clubs would be willing to pay more than that.

PL deals are a risk for a club in our financial position. They cost much more than if you can find someone unproven from elsewhere. When was last time we found someone from a club outside England, developed them and made a solid profit? I'm sure there is an example but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Yes ideally we could sign players who could walk into the team against Chelsea, and be right up to speed with the Premier League. But we don't have the money for that, so is it really sensible to keep exploring deals for players at other PL clubs, and find ourselves going up dead ends?
Vlasic and Onyekuru probably, although it's debatable to say we developed either.

Why so?

He's got one year left, that means that if Wolves want anything for him then they'll be cashing in at tops £15m you'd think, or at least in a deal that is heavily incentivised.

It may, of course, be agent talk to get them to offer him a new deal.

He's as good a player as we're realistically going to attract from the Premier League or abroad.

I think they have an option for another year but I can see the likes of Leicester being in for him if they make him available

Are we going to sign anyone else before the season starts?
I very much doubt it. We will be doing our business in the last couple of days of the window. Ins and outs apart from the odd development player loan. It is what it is.

We've had 3 consecutive years of heavy losses. Some of this can be offset to covid. The next accounts will be better and a second year of decent figures will likely see us clear of FFP regs. But this season we will be handcuffed again.

So end of window loans and bargains it will be. No point moaning about it. Just accept it for what it is and fingers crossed for some decent signings in the last couple of days. We've done it before on occasion.

Problem with Grillitsch mate is one he will likely want massive wages and two have you seen his injury history, it's absolutely Mina like levels of missing games
Supposedly in advanced talks with Brighton. I can't see them paying him massive wages but can't comment on his injury record.

Can't believe we're 2 weeks off the start of the season and weaker than we ended the last one. It's insane

Dendoncker would need to be pretty cheap to be a good signing in my eyes. He's a decent enough player but not really the profile I hoped we'd be starting to identify and target. 28 before the season's out and not a particularly physical or technical player, just a solid pro really. Beggars can't be choosers and all that but at some point we're going to have to move away from this template of signing players from the PL in their late 20s because it simply isn't sustainable.

PL deals are a risk for a club in our financial position. They cost much more than if you can find someone unproven from elsewhere. When was last time we found someone from a club outside England, developed them and made a solid profit? I'm sure there is an example but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Yes ideally we could sign players who could walk into the team against Chelsea, and be right up to speed with the Premier League. But we don't have the money for that, so is it really sensible to keep exploring deals for players at other PL clubs, and find ourselves going up dead ends?
I agree with this, our approach seems to be picking up other domestic team's burdens and making them our own in the hope they'll somehow work out, but at what cost.

Or waiting until the last minute in the hope their young prospect will be available after their club has determined they're not going to get development opportunities with them. In this case they'll maybe accept an inflated fee or loan for future potential only.

In both scenario's it feels like we're more likely to see poor recruitment than good. Any signing is ultimately a risk but it'd be nice to explore other markets where the financial risk is potentially less and the reward the same or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back