Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the size of the US, and then consider how many decent players have moved from the US to Europe, that should give you a hint to the levels.
Certainly in the past there was a big difference in standards, but that gap has dramatically closed.

I should also add that even at a time when football in the US was not nearly as good as it is now we brought two players( that I can remember) over and both did really well for us.

Dont see Dendoncker adding much in the way of variance he bring an awful lot of what Doucoure does at them moment, running, presence in the engine room and in the box, bullying by size. Unless your sticking two either side as protection for a Gilmour to play from deep.
I think he offers versatility TBF. Can play CB, defensive midfield or a bit higher up in midfield. I wouldn't say I rate him that highly but I'd say he's an upgrade of what we've got

I think he offers versatility TBF. Can play CB, defensive midfield or a bit higher up in midfield. I wouldn't say I rate him that highly but I'd say he's an upgrade of what we've got

I dont know mate, im not convinced at all, i dont think he offers that much different to what we have - arguably we over over stocked in players of his profile, with Doucoure and Gbamin - granted we might not see much of Gbamin - but hes here taking up a wage. Slight variation may be he sits deeper and not as mobile and doesn't have the engine of Doucore, more of a 6 than an 8, but more of a lumpy 6 then a mobile little Idrissa presser.

Very irresponsible. There might be children reading this forum - you’re frightening them. That’s terrifying. You’re sure as hell frightening me!

That’s the thing, to all those saying, we’ll make additions, we’ll bring players in - stop wetting the bed. None of the players we’re being linked with, even if we do bring them in, are anywhere near good enough to make up the lack of quality on this squad.
Dendonker, Winks and Dennis all walk into the first 11 right now.

Certainly in the past there was a big difference in standards, but that gap has dramatically closed.

I should also add that even at a time when football in the US was not nearly as good as it is now we brought two players( that I can remember) over and both did really well for us.

But they were the USA's best players. A.K.A. the Pulisic of today we can't afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back