Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that our level now? "Do a job?"
Absolutely it is. We're not in the position to be picky with the season starting in less that a fortnight. If doing a job means we stay up next year then I'll take it, get the clowns out the club who are running it and install someone with half a business brain. Doing a job this year with the current crop of players is our aim and our aim alone, sadly.

Yes it is.
We need a defensive central midfielder who can do a job for us there, possibly need two.
We need to replace Richarlison with a wide player.

It is clear that we simply do not have the finances to entice premiership or championship clubs to sell to us and equally clear they are not impressed by the various financial options we seem to be suggesting when trying to sign players.

There is a lot of young talent in the US, a lot of it coming from South America.

If you look at Castellanos at New York City , Argentinian, 24 and highly rated..... is this not a better target and probably more affordable than players we currently seem to be chasing ?

If you look at the size of the US, and then consider how many decent players have moved from the US to Europe, that should give you a hint to the levels.

This Cornett business has laid it bare for me. We have no money to spend so we're asking for him for a season with I suppose an option to make it permanent. Burnley more than anyone know how much in debt we are in and know even if we stump up a couple of million this summer for the loan fee, come next year we'll tell them we can't afford to lay out £25m to keep him, send him back and leave the player in limbo.

Every player we've sniffed around has signed for another club without a serious offer from us or the interest has petered out once we've been told to go away with loan offers and throw money on the table. I imagine we're not offering fantastic contracts either.

Sorry to sound all negative, but it's dire straits at the club. Any money that comes in needs to be used to manage the debt, fund the stadium and bring in new blood. How you prioritise all three without imploding at some point is beyond me.

This summer really is back to the bad old days.

Moshiri, Kenwright and co have taken us backwards, if they cannot see this then they are completely delusional.

Going into the season on a similar vibe the one when we signed Marcus Bent, which actually turned out ok thanks to Moyes, but highly unlikely to this time.

Thing is though is that kenwright will be sat there thinking he's doing a amazing job and this is all of the Premier leagues fault and only he can save everton.

Meanwhile Moshiri is a gullible fool who will believe anything kenwright tells him. So even though everyone knows their running the club into the ground. They think their doing a amazing job.

Dendoncker, Dennis and Winks on loan. Calling it now.
Once Winks is left out of each squad until end of August he'll join us on deadline day on loan. Dendoncker I'm not so sure about, and Dennis will sign for Fulham for pennies when it turns out we can't even muster that together and offer it in instalments over several years and most of the fee is reliant on us winning the Champions League in the next three years.

Frank and the DoF have a massive job to contend with, almost impossible. But, you have to assume they knew that when they arrived bearing in mind our financial woes were public knowledge as was the carnage of our recruitment policy over the previous 5-10 years. They would have known how weak the squad was having watched the most widely televised league in the World week in week out and they’d be aware of the meddling by Moshiri and Kenwright in transfers and football matters.
The fact they knew and still came here intrigues me.....why did they come?
Frank would have been offered other jobs of similar status without doubt, and the DoF was in a relatively cushty role already.
What’s the pull?
You’re right, but then we’d have to assume that Kenwrong and Moshiri told them the truth about the situation.

This Cornett business has laid it bare for me. We have no money to spend so we're asking for him for a season with I suppose an option to make it permanent. Burnley more than anyone know how much in debt we are in and know even if we stump up a couple of million this summer for the loan fee, come next year we'll tell them we can't afford to lay out £25m to keep him, send him back and leave the player in limbo.

Every player we've sniffed around has signed for another club without a serious offer from us or the interest has petered out once we've been told to go away with loan offers and throw money on the table. I imagine we're not offering fantastic contracts either.

Sorry to sound all negative, but it's dire straits at the club. Any money that comes in needs to be used to manage the debt, fund the stadium and bring in new blood. How you prioritise all three without imploding at some point is beyond me.
Isn't his release clause 17m? Why would we be spending 25m on him next year?

Would love us to get shut of Dacoure, must still be worth a few quid as long as potential buyers don't look at any last season DVD's!!
I accept he runs around alot but general skill and ability to feed the frontline is pretty much non existent!!

Dendoncker, Dennis and Winks on loan. Calling it now.
Very irresponsible. There might be children reading this forum - you’re frightening them. That’s terrifying. You’re sure as hell frightening me!

That’s the thing, to all those saying, we’ll make additions, we’ll bring players in - stop wetting the bed. None of the players we’re being linked with, even if we do bring them in, are anywhere near good enough to make up the lack of quality on this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back