Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fee was not 32 million, nowhere near. I thought romano said more like 20 when the deal was done last year.....
Juve announced it very accurately, as they are legally required to do.

It was, in total, 28M€ transfer paid in three installments, plus a 3M€ loan fee for last year and 4M€ loan fee for this year.

Plus 3M€ bonuses for various things.

None of it is true. It's a bad translation of a tweet from Pedulla, who actually only says the idea of a swap with Paredes was floated back in May, and he refers to his old tweet saying Juve have bought Kean for 37M€- he takes as a given that Juve will have to pay up.

In terms of the price he quotes, it's semi-correct as it's from Juve's press release. 35M€ to Everton (28+3+4) + 3M€ appearence fees, but he's counting an extra 2M€ or so that Juve paid (or will pay) for image rights. So the 37M€ fee is correct- but Everton are due another 28M€ next summer, unless Juve find a buyer.
Why you got to shoot us down like that Neil? We had a glimmer of hope for about 10 minutes there, the best 10 minutes since we sold Richarlison to Spurs. Cruelly snatched away by your facts and logic.

Apparently we have already accounted for the Transfer Fee in our accounts last year, becasue he left last year and they have an obligation to pay, so we could account for it straight away, so selling him early may not make any difference for us.

I bet Juve will straight away sell him to PSG for £10m profit..
I can't see how the permanent transfer could be accounted for when Everton still owns the player and there are sporting achievements in the obligation to buy. That would not be allowed under accounting and tax law and which would make it a breach of FFP rules too.

Status
Not open for further replies.