Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe that we’re so close to the start of the season and aside from Tarkowski we’ve actually worsened the strongest 11 of a team that almost got relegated. Worse still the only talk now is another backup full back on loan and a midfielder that wouldn’t come near us because we almost certainly can’t afford him.

It’s so frustrating that we haven’t done a single thing. Seems like we’re waiting for Kean and Juve to sort themselves out and going from there but I can’t understand how this club is being run like this. It’s actually heartbreaking.

We are in desperate need of a central midfielder and winger that will start for us every week but everything’s that’s come out recently suggests we’re barely looking at it, Cornet and this lad from Betis are literally the only 2 links we’ve had all summer that made any sort of sense in terms of our urgency and it’s almost August, after our pre season tour ffs.

I just wanna enjoy football and this football club again, I want us to all have a laugh about who this next mystery signing is or being able to say “oh he’s class I hope we are in for him” and go into the season with any sort of optimism that we’ll actually win a game based on our ability and entertaining the fans.

Instead we’re sat here, days before the season, hoping for literally any player that’s played the game at any level to walk through the door and probably straight into the first 11, knowing full well that we’re probably in for another long draining season filled with anger, discontent and disappointment, all the while every fan can see right through the absolute disgraceful way that the club is being run. One of the greatest clubs in the history of English football is being run into the ground, everyone can see it but no one cares, except us and there’s quite frankly nothing that we can realistically do to stop it.

It’s incredibly depressing.

Chin up bud x

We need a CDM and a forward ahead of this position. We do at least have a LB and players players who can fill in there.

If we have a very limited budget, then this is not where I would start. It would be El Ghazi again.

Hopefully not! That being said, what are the rules about foreign loans? How many can we have legally?

I can’t believe that we’re so close to the start of the season and aside from Tarkowski we’ve actually worsened the strongest 11 of a team that almost got relegated. Worse still the only talk now is another backup full back on loan and a midfielder that wouldn’t come near us because we almost certainly can’t afford him.

It’s so frustrating that we haven’t done a single thing. Seems like we’re waiting for Kean and Juve to sort themselves out and going from there but I can’t understand how this club is being run like this. It’s actually heartbreaking.

We are in desperate need of a central midfielder and winger that will start for us every week but everything’s that’s come out recently suggests we’re barely looking at it, Cornet and this lad from Betis are literally the only 2 links we’ve had all summer that made any sort of sense in terms of our urgency and it’s almost August, after our pre season tour ffs.

I just wanna enjoy football and this football club again, I want us to all have a laugh about who this next mystery signing is or being able to say “oh he’s class I hope we are in for him” and go into the season with any sort of optimism that we’ll actually win a game based on our ability and entertaining the fans.

Instead we’re sat here, days before the season, hoping for literally any player that’s played the game at any level to walk through the door and probably straight into the first 11, knowing full well that we’re probably in for another long draining season filled with anger, discontent and disappointment, all the while every fan can see right through the absolute disgraceful way that the club is being run. One of the greatest clubs in the history of English football is being run into the ground, everyone can see it but no one cares, except us and there’s quite frankly nothing that we can realistically do to stop it.

This summer was supposed to be a new start to hopefully a brighter future. It’s been the opposite. Didn’t think it could get any worse than last season but I think we may be about to see it this season.

Imagine going into the season losing your best player and not replacing him, having made no additions of any attacking players to one of the least creative teams in the league and not having added a single midfielder to one of the worst midfields in the league. Club is a circus at the minute.

Totally agree

You are allowed two domestic loans and two from abroad.
You can have two domestic loans at any one time and a maximum of 4 across the season. The two loans must be from different teams

International loans you are allowed a maximum of 8 this year, 7 next and 6 the year after that.

Last edited:

Seems v solid

No fee mentioned, which is a worry, his release clause is said to be £69m ??.

It’s reported in the link below that Arsenal offered £25.7m god him earlier in the window.

Unless they will accept Gomes plus cash over the next 4 years it might be a tough one to get done.

https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/La-Liga/Arsenal-leading-the-transfer-race-for-£69m-Real-Betis-star-Guido-Rodriguez/2633018

No fee mentioned, which is a worry, his release clause is said to be £69m ??.

It’s reported in the link below that Arsenal offered £25.7m god him earlier in the window.

Unless they will accept Gomes plus cash over the next 4 years it might be a tough one to get done.

https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/La-Liga/Arsenal-leading-the-transfer-race-for-£69m-Real-Betis-star-Guido-Rodriguez/2633018

Believe Liverpool and Chelsea were also looking at him last season, Betis are looking for around 40 - 50 million

Looks a great player (via YouTube Betis matches available), plus not many has heard of him and not from Wolves or Burnley

Sure Kev will have gone in with an initial bid of $5m upfront the rest over the term on contract :(

How are they different? Transfer fees are spread out in equal amounts each year over the duration of the player's contract, so too are players' wages.
Fees are an asset that you amortize. Wages are just an expense. Why that matters is fees can't be moved off the books without taking a loss on a player unless you sell them for more than the remaining value. Wages aren't an expense when you aren't paying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back