Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bang on, Imagine being a forest player who played you're heart out last year then watching Lingard and let's say Ramsey both coming in on £200k p/w, I'd be livid.

But if it work's out and they stay up, the money they get pays for everything really, it's a catch 22.
If they want to stay up they needed to try something like this, there is no way the team from last season would avoid relegation. Lingard, who is on a reported 130k a week (not 200k), is costing them about 5m to 6m for one season. That is an absolute bargain for a proven PL goal scorer. I think it will prove to be the signing of the summer. They have only 1 season of wages and no commitment for the following x number of years. Avoiding relegation is all about beating the sides in or about the bottom 6 and u can happily lose to the top half clubs week in week out. Lingard has the ability to score against these teams and could be the key signing to their survival. Lingard at Forest could be like Eriksen at Brentford. As for Ramsey, I think he would be a very bad buy for them.

Bang on, Imagine being a forest player who played you're heart out last year then watching Lingard and let's say Ramsey both coming in on £200k p/w, I'd be livid.

But if it work's out and they stay up, the money they get pays for everything really, it's a catch 22.
Yeah, I get that there’s no room for sentiment but Cooper now has to integrate a huge batch of players who’ve never met and some of whom are possibly there for an easy payday with some pissed off guys who sweated blood to get promotion only to get brushed aside. He’s a good manager but good luck to him.

Yeah, I get that there’s no room for sentiment but Cooper now has to integrate a huge batch of players who’ve never met and some of whom are possibly there for an easy payday with some pissed off guys who sweated blood to get promotion only to get brushed aside. He’s a good manager but good luck to him.
I agree with that. Integrating these players will be really tough and Cooper has a big challenge there. When Villa got promoted we spent 144m and survived relegation on the last day with a draw against Hammers when Bournemouth threw away PL survival in the last week or so of the campaign. We also had the benefit of the dodgy goal line 'no goal' against Blades that season. The season before Fulham spent about 120m and were relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back