Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
what still strikes me as odd on all these rumours: accroding to the goat squad analyses we already have a 25 man squad we can list with the Premier League. Now if supposedly Barkley, Batshuayi and Ghana come in that means at least 3 out: Gomes, Nkoukou, Gbamin ?

But still we would need another attacker (replacement for Richy) right ? So maybe we cut Rondon.

Point is Lampard/Thelwell must be confident in managing all these outgoing deals.
Good point, and all the more reason to be looking at younger players. For example, Gilmour or Broja as under 21s could be registered additionally.

This is one I think Kenwright would be against. The Mayor of Liverpool with his calls to investigate the transfer for fraud etc got his information from somewhere.

If we sign Barkley, for me it'll reaffirm concerns I had over the recruitment nous/ability of the club under Thelwell and Lampard.

It feels like the scope is very limited. Wolves or Chelsea connection, or former club connection (even McNeil was a target under previous DOF/Managers).

One thing I will say to counter that concern is that they've both only been in the job for a few months. Can understand both DoF and Manager looking towards known quantities when the squad needs improving now, not 2 years from now.

This is one I think Kenwright would be against. The Mayor of Liverpool with his calls to investigate the transfer for fraud etc got his information from somewhere.

If we sign Barkley, for me it'll reaffirm concerns I had over the recruitment nous/ability of the club under Thelwell and Lampard.

It feels like the scope is very limited. Wolves or Chelsea connection, or former club connection (even McNeil was a target under previous DOF/Managers).
Genuine question: what is the story with the mayor of Liverpool ? Never heard that before

Im all right with Batshuayi to be honest, be a positive move in my opinion, always liked him.

We have one Chelsea loan though and i hope we use it wisely linked to Broja, Gallagher, Barkley, Gilmor, and Batshuayi.

We are probably hanging about waiting to see what the best shoe that will drop.

I'd buy Gilmour mate, even for like 15m with add-ons if we can get them to pretty much only kick in the fees from next year especially. It's be a low cost high upside and wouldn't effect any other business (no cost this sesson no loan spot used)

One thing I will say to counter that concern is that they've both only been in the job for a few months. Can understand both DoF and Manager looking towards known quantities when the squad needs improving now, not 2 years from now.

Being my point really, their known quantities means a very limited scope. It happens in the game - Ancelotti with Allan and Rodriguez.

Anticipated it, because unless I'm wrong - neither Thelwell or Lampard have a lot of credentials/experience in recruitment. Mendes ran the show at Wolves, and Lampard had to defend himself saying he could have probably had a veto on transfers at Chelsea.

Genuine question: what is the story with the mayor of Liverpool ? Never heard that before

Here you go mate.

Those two points mate.

Lampard had a pop at his professionalism - perhaps as strong as you can do publicly, and then binned him off to Aston Villa;

Tarkowski, McNeil I've said they're reliable in terms of appearances etc. Both really fit/barely miss a game.

I can see some logic there.

Barkley has started 56 times in 4-5 years.

In the bin with him.
Imagine going to Chelsea for players and coming back with Barkley and Batshuayi.
There has been a lot of talk amongst us Chelsea supporters there was always likely to be an almost buy one and get one free with Berkley . Chelsea won’t be pushing too hard for all the cash up front so the terms would be pretty attractive no doubt something like £10million say with an add on at say seasons end if you finish in x position or a trigger that suits FFP
Batshuayi will run all day and will score a few Berkley is a far better player than some seem to feel the problem for him was that he had the likes of Kante, Kovacic, Mount and Jorginho ahead of him when he was fit and he isn’t close to them players consistently
Even at Villa he did very well, well , or not so but from what I can recall there were obligations that would have picked in after so many games etc and at the time Villa just didn’t see the value so the trigger points were avoided
As for Berkleys off field discipline FL himself had issues.

There has been a lot of talk amongst us Chelsea supporters there was always likely to be an almost buy one and get one free with Berkley . Chelsea won’t be pushing too hard for all the cash up front so the terms would be pretty attractive no doubt something like £10million say with an add on at say seasons end if you finish in x position or a trigger that suits FFP
Batshuayi will run all day and will score a few Berkley is a far better player than some seem to feel the problem for him was that he had the likes of Kante, Kovacic, Mount and Jorginho ahead of him when he was fit and he isn’t close to them players consistently
Even at Villa he did very well, well , or not so but from what I can recall there were obligations that would have picked in after so many games etc and at the time Villa just didn’t see the value so the trigger points were avoided
As for Berkleys off field discipline FL himself had issues.

I know he's barely played for Chelsea but his name is Barkley mate ;)

I'd buy Gilmour mate, even for like 15m with add-ons if we can get them to pretty much only kick in the fees from next year especially. It's be a low cost high upside and wouldn't effect any other business (no cost this sesson no loan spot used)

Id be totally on board mate, I'm a big advocate of an investment in Gilmour.

Now's the time i think with his stock low and we could agree a reasonable deal with the player and Chelsea, 15 with add on seems reasonable to me.

Realistically, we will only be getting Broja or Gallagher on loan and if even that to be honest.

what still strikes me as odd on all these rumours: accroding to the goat squad analyses we already have a 25 man squad we can list with the Premier League. Now if supposedly Barkley, Batshuayi and Ghana come in that means at least 3 out: Gomes, Nkoukou, Gbamin ?

But still we would need another attacker (replacement for Richy) right ? So maybe we cut Rondon.

Point is Lampard/Thelwell must be confident in managing all these outgoing deals.
As the coming season we can make 5 changes in a game, I think a 27 players squad is acceptable. Of course, we must move some current player on. Actually, I hope T Davies to be loaned out

Being my point really, their known quantities means a very limited scope. It happens in the game - Ancelotti with Allan and Rodriguez.

Anticipated it, because unless I'm wrong - neither Thelwell or Lampard have a lot of credentials/experience in recruitment. Mendes ran the show at Wolves, and Lampard had to defend himself saying he could have probably had a veto on transfers at Chelsea.

Here you go mate.

Yeah I get that, I guess I'm just saying the scope might not be so limited given enough time. We'll have to wait and see though.

I find it interesting how we still push ahead with deals despite regime changes. There must be some continuity at scouting and recruitment level.

Doucoure - We attempted to sign him under Silva and got him under Ancelotti, you could argue it was a Brands signing but given he played under Silva at Watford you would expect it was something the manager pushed for like with Richarlison.

Patterson & Mykolenko - Patterson in particular was said to be joining us in summer, Mykolenko was a bit more sudden but you would suspect these were both singed off to some degree by Benitez and Brands, both of whom were gone by January.

McNeil - We were supposedly meant to be signing him last summer, so again you would think this was Brands and/or Benitez, but Thelwell and Lampard come in and we sign him despite the former two no longer being in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back