Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a lot of talk amongst us Chelsea supporters there was always likely to be an almost buy one and get one free with Berkley . Chelsea won’t be pushing too hard for all the cash up front so the terms would be pretty attractive no doubt something like £10million say with an add on at say seasons end if you finish in x position or a trigger that suits FFP
Batshuayi will run all day and will score a few Berkley is a far better player than some seem to feel the problem for him was that he had the likes of Kante, Kovacic, Mount and Jorginho ahead of him when he was fit and he isn’t close to them players consistently
Even at Villa he did very well, well , or not so but from what I can recall there were obligations that would have picked in after so many games etc and at the time Villa just didn’t see the value so the trigger points were avoided
As for Berkleys off field discipline FL himself had issues.

If we are paying £10m for Barkley I would feel a bit ill. If there is anything more than a totally nominal fee involved then it would be a ridiculous deal for us to even consider.

Those two points mate.

Lampard had a pop at his professionalism - perhaps as strong as you can do publicly, and then binned him off to Aston Villa;

Tarkowski, McNeil I've said they're reliable in terms of appearances etc. Both really fit/barely miss a game.

I can see some logic there.

Barkley has started 56 times in 4-5 years.

In the bin with him.

I don't actually think there's anything you it, same way as I don't think there was anything in the Winks rumours, think both where using us to try drum up interest in two outcasts.

Neither fit what I think Lampard wants.

If we are paying £10m for Barkley I would feel a bit ill. If there is anything more than a totally nominal fee involved then it would be a ridiculous deal for us to even consider.
The bulk of whatever fee won’t be what you pay for Berkley when I said say £10 million I meant for the two with the bulk of that fee attributed to Batmans fee with the bulk of any fee for Barkley coming via add ons

I don't actually think there's anything you it, same way as I don't think there was anything in the Winks rumours, think both where using us to try drum up interest in two outcasts.

Neither fit what I think Lampard wants.
It’s just a lazy media link. Two players unwanted at their current club linked with a team managed by their former manager and a team one used to play for.

There has been a lot of talk amongst us Chelsea supporters there was always likely to be an almost buy one and get one free with Berkley . Chelsea won’t be pushing too hard for all the cash up front so the terms would be pretty attractive no doubt something like £10million say with an add on at say seasons end if you finish in x position or a trigger that suits FFP
Batshuayi will run all day and will score a few Berkley is a far better player than some seem to feel the problem for him was that he had the likes of Kante, Kovacic, Mount and Jorginho ahead of him when he was fit and he isn’t close to them players consistently
Even at Villa he did very well, well , or not so but from what I can recall there were obligations that would have picked in after so many games etc and at the time Villa just didn’t see the value so the trigger points were avoided
As for Berkleys off field discipline FL himself had issues.

Mate at Villa he started well, went off the boil, his hammy we t when he came back he was shockingly bad and dropped - not a chance on earth we are giving you anything - especially 10m or more for him after he basically fecked over the club to the tune of 10-15m when he moved to you.

Also soon as he could Lampard was the one who binned him off to Villa after slating his professionalism or lack thereof.

Side not though it's kinda funny seeing your new owners in action, after so many years of having the best in the sphere in Marina it's shocking to see how bad you've been getting deals done this summer.

I wonder if the 5 substitutes is going to impact players be available on loan this season and also is it going to cause a bit of panic acquisitions to fill benches?

DB2C2DC1-84A9-41A5-A7D3-B9AC70A8D94F.webp

Hello…….

All this 'Barkley walks into our team'

The 2017 one does, but then he wouldn't ahead of the 2017 Dele Alli who was scoring 18 league goals then.

Now, I'd rather Alli or Iwobi in the number 10 role.

Barkley would be a bad mistake from Lampard and Thelwell, they'd lose a lot of goodwill.

Also not convinced with the plaudits on Billy Gilmour. Admittedly haven't seen him play a lot, but when I have he's not looked great.

Barkley and Batshuayi would be truly shocking signings.

Not to mention bringing back Gana on anything more than a loan.

Lets hope theyre all false rumours.

Something seems odd at Leicester, rumours they are selling Kasper and have done very little and Brodge has talked of limits.
PL sustainability or FFP were the lines on TalkSport the other day. Rodgers was advocating the need for a rebuild, but they've yet to bring anyone in.

Worse for them, they have ten first team players out of contract next year including Vardy, Tielemans, Amartey, Schmeichel, Evans, Mendy and Choudhury.

That's a fair part of their first team squad who could be leaving, with Tielemans being the most likely source of bringing any form of big fees in.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers walked.

It’s just a lazy media link. Two players unwanted at their current club linked with a team managed by their former manager and a team one used to play for.

I think it's more we asked about Broja and Gallacher, and are linked with two players at the same club who they are trying to get rid of and play the same position as the ones we want.

No doubt Chelsea offered us them both and pretty sure we said no thanks but use us to drum up interest if you want and remember the favour if Broja and Gallacher become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back