Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we're definitely gonna end up with another forward but we're in a bit of a game of who blinks first at the minute. Seems like we want to buy Cornet, failing that loan Borja, failing that get Batshuayi on the cheap. We're buying Barkley and seems like we might be buying Gilmour too but I wouldn't be sure about that, think we'd loan him, which would rule out Borja.

So it's just seemingly a case of paying "big" for Cornet now or else taking the stop gap in Batshuayi. Think the longer it goes on the more likely we'll end up with Cornet, he's not gonna want to play in the Championship and will try to force a move out, if we're his top choice we'll end up with him. He's the far better option of the two at this stage. I also don't see Chelsea loaning us Broja when he's not guaranteed to start every week and we're almost certainly not buying him for a price they'd want so really I don't think we'll factor into his plans this season at all.

No shocks really on Barkley & Batshuayi but surprised Gilmour not getting a look in. Plays the same way Jorginho does.
Sorry I edited the post because I realised Gilmour has traveled

Almost certainly wont be in the final squad but we don’t have an adequate cover at the moment

Yep there’s a slip ain’t it ?
Haha yup.

Gallacher is a weird one for you, I honestly don't think he's at the quality (yet) for a team with your expectations. He also 100% does not fit into Tuchels system at all, seeing him playing effectively in one if the double pivot roles was painful - he doesn't have the discipline or awareness of when to go or stay etc for it, it also seems and will massively curb his best attributes - hitting the box late and slotting and high pressing - both parts if his game which are already really great imo.

Still hope that he gets loaned out myself as he'd do great here - think if he stays he'll actually be dropped for a more experienced player sooner or later

So, one thing people dont seem to be keeping in mind is some of the players we are linked with are probably backup options. And by that, they are players we have lined up for a last minute loan if we cannot secure our first and second choice at the value we want. Smart teams do what we HAVENT for a long time, and thats not just focus on your first choice. You would want to have those other options lined up not just to pressure the team that owns your first choice, but to avoid having to do a mad scramble for your one year stopgap with whatever body you can find. As a first choice I would not be happy with Batshuyai, but as the emergency loan in case you dont get one of your main striker choices he makes more sense.

Think we're definitely gonna end up with another forward but we're in a bit of a game of who blinks first at the minute. Seems like we want to buy Cornet, failing that loan Borja, failing that get Batshuayi on the cheap. We're buying Barkley and seems like we might be buying Gilmour too but I wouldn't be sure about that, think we'd loan him, which would rule out Borja.

So it's just seemingly a case of paying "big" for Cornet now or else taking the stop gap in Batshuayi. Think the longer it goes on the more likely we'll end up with Cornet, he's not gonna want to play in the Championship and will try to force a move out, if we're his top choice we'll end up with him. He's the far better option of the two at this stage. I also don't see Chelsea loaning us Broja when he's not guaranteed to start every week and we're almost certainly not buying him for a price they'd want so really I don't think we'll factor into his plans this season at all.
I just don't see where we would play Cornet now.

I don't see him coming in as a back up striker , back up left wing or back up to back up left wing back.

Had we not signed McNeil or Vinagre it would have made sense , but not now.

We need a genuine striker as back up for DCL and desperately need a couple of midfielders.

George Michael
Idrissa Gana Gueye
- ElBobble ➡️

Andrew Ridgeley
Ross Barkley
-siphillipssport ⬇️
Maxwell Cornet -Mike McGrath ⬇️

Pepsi & Shirlie
❌Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi
Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ❌

⚽ Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Otávio - Eljogo ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Amadou Onana - El Bobble ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Anass Salah Edinne - Mike Verweij ** Benjamin Bourigeaud - tuttomercatoweb ** Marcus Tavernier - Greame Bailey ** Jean-Clair Todibo -Nice_Matin **Arnaud Kalimuendo - Graeme Bailey ** Aster Vranckx - Loic Tanzi ** Layvin Kurzawa - mediafoot - Adnan Januzaj - AS.com ** Leander Dendoncker - FabrizioRomano ** Morgan Gibbs-White - @SportsPeteO ** Guido Rodríguez - CLMerlo **Martin Terrier - ElBobble ** Lucas Paqueta - calciomercato ** Mitchy Batshuayi - NizaarKinsella ⚽

8aaa7e4a8a8079691c41d0cfae795a5b_w200.gif

Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law ✍️
Ruben Vinagre - bancadadeleao ✍️
Dwight McNeil - Graeme Bailey ✍️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back