Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think thats the plan Spud.

His injury record means we wouldnt be able to improve on his current contract and the issue is that most buying clubs wouldnt be able to either.

Thus I would think we will only get a nominal fee due to his short contract and wage demands.
tbh I'd just keep him - if we stay up - because it's one less player that needs to be bought and he's very, very good

We need another, 'commanding' CB as it is, with Mina here. Sell him we need to buy 2 CBs.

I don't think we'd get anything more than £10m for yerry, because of the factors you list and his injury record

But, depending if we can shift a few other high earners, and we have £300k+ p/wk combined in dross/possible bad guy/Delph going out of the budget this summer, if we don't get that good option for Mina, then keep him IMO

He either plays enough that we can offer him a new deal on reduced terms or he doesn't and he leaves for free but in the games he does play we know he'll be important.

Try and chase Keane and Holgate before him.

I can see and agree with the reasons why we'd sell Yerry but he is actually one of the only players that hasn't let us down with a lack of quality this season.

We have agreed to sell Kean already. It's already done, he's never coming back to Everton.

He either gets sold this summer because Juve want to sell him or they leave it until next summer to pay the obligation.

tbh I'd just keep him - if we stay up - because it's one less player that needs to be bought and he's very, very good

We need another, 'commanding' CB as it is, with Mina here. Sell him we need to buy 2 CBs.

I don't think we'd get anything more than £10m for yerry, because of the factors you list and his injury record

But, depending if we can shift a few other high earners, and we have £300k+ p/wk combined in dross/possible bad guy/Delph going out of the budget this summer, if we don't get that good option for Mina, then keep him IMO

He either plays enough that we can offer him a new deal on reduced terms or he doesn't and he leaves for free but in the games he does play we know he'll be important.

I can see and agree with the reasons why we'd sell Yerry but he is actually one of the only players that hasn't let us down with a lack of quality this season.
We dont pick who we sell.

We dont pick who we sell.
Well it very much depends.

Thelwell has to do what Brands - for various reasons not all his fault - failed to do, and that's shift high earners. It's not an easy job but it's his job.

As I said, we've got £300k+ combined weekly wages going out of the club on frees this summer. Brands, unfortunately for him, didn't get a bit of 'luck' like that in one window. Last summer with Bolasie and Walcott was the nearest he came to that.

Everton need to sell, obviously, and if nobody comes in for DCL or Richarlison (they would) then Mina is next on the list I know, along with Pickford. But Mina isn't going to fetch a big fee, so it all becomes whether that trade off is worth it. If Everton haven't been able to shift more players by then, then they'd need to sell. If they had, then they probably wouldn't.

All changes if we're in the Championship, clearly.

You appear to have moved away from the issue at hand, your boy missing open goals from 4 yards out.
Wouldn't call him my boy but I still stand by the assessment that we should have tried to give him chances even when DCL played well because his ceiling is well higher and we need game changing players

….too many ‘ifs or buts’ about this next window.

Plan A; the window if we stay up.

Plan B; the window if we go down.

The only predictable is the moves what happen in either scenario.

I personally hope Kenny is nowhere near given a new contract regardless of what happens this season. Coleman/Patterson seems an ideal mix of options; one progressive, one influential. Kenny off the books & no RB coming in should be Plan A and Plan B.
Agree that Kenny should be punted.

Coleman as a backup for a year to save on money would be 'ok' but if Patterson is out for any length of games we'll have a major weak link at the back.

Holy bullet dodged

Hopefully north of £25mil

do you think mina will sign a new contract?

he has 1 more year left after this summer

if he isn't going to sign a new contract would it not make sense to sell him to try and get some decent money for him?

Big wages, low transfer fee for him...when fit hes top notch but, how to keep him fit?

How much did Chelsea pay for Kepa?wasn't like 90 million? the dude rides the bench now and I think we'd agree that pickford is a superior goalie also theres the English premium

Ramsdale including clauses was £30mil i think from a relegsted team so Pickford should be £40mil+.

Id probably keep Mina and have Branthwaite rotating in for him.

Then either have Godfrey with Holgate backup or sell Holgate and bring in someone like Colwill.

Keane has to go, hes proper Gomes at this point.

Hes a class keeper mate, with a mile of headroom, 10 -15 mill does it i think, or maybe a loan with an obligation.

Southampton hold in interest in him for the summer i believe.

Just moved this...why do you think £10-15mil ?

Agree that Kenny should be punted.

Coleman as a backup for a year to save on money would be 'ok' but if Patterson is out for any length of games we'll have a major weak link at the back.

Hopefully north of £25mil

Big wages, low transfer fee for him...when fit hes top notch but, how to keep him fit?

Ramsdale including clauses was £30mil i think from a relegsted team so Pickford should be £40mil+.

Id probably keep Mina and have Branthwaite rotating in for him.

Then either have Godfrey with Holgate backup or sell Holgate and bring in someone like Colwill.

Keane has to go, hes proper Gomes at this point.
We need a strong, leader at the back to come in who can compensate for Yerry. That isn't Colwill or Branthwaite. But ideally get rid of Keane and Holgate before Mina and bring in 2 CBs (one more of a leader type, one more a younger player, maybe a loan).

We need a strong, leader at the back to come in who can compensate for Yerry. That isn't Colwill or Branthwaite. But ideally get rid of Keane and Holgate before Mina and bring in 2 CBs (one more of a leader type, one more a younger player, maybe a loan).

Need a leader for sure. Mina inspired, with lots of snide. Not sure it's him though. Said before that I'm not sold on Tarkowski but supposedly he has great leadership qualities. Need leaders all over though. Not just shouty ones but those that inspire. Hard to find though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back