Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone focused on the striker position because Dom is out for a month seems to be forgetting that we still don’t have a midfield which we don’t actually have any injuries to. They’re all just crap. We need both but midfield still priority 1 for me.

How are we paying for him mate, do you think he'll accept monster munch in lieu of money??
There's also the problem of keeping Cavani healthy. We need one-and-a-half recognized senior strikers in terms of availability, rather than one, because that ends up distributing in ways where neither actual player is available for some fixtures.

The injury to Dom is going to be a turning point for transfers now. I'd imagine the club were probably after someone like Broja, a lad that can be used sparingly and developed. Now, depending on his injury we may need a ready made player to come in.

This may cost us money and impact any other transfers we had planned.
Hope not. I'd much rather we played Dele up front and stuck to signing a developing player that can come off the bench. We've done without recognised centre forwards before. It is possible.

Can't see Cavani joining us. The trade off would have to be astronomical wages. It will be very difficult getting anyone of quality in on a tight budget. We'll get someone in probably, but will have to wait another month now.

If they wanted Dennis for example and had the finances, why not do it now? Broja won't go anywhere until deadline day if at all. Cornet isn't a striker.

I would have been happy enough with Batshuayi as a backup option, and as we are likely going to be in contact with Chelsea anyway, he is going to become more appealing as time passes whether it's ideal or not, and probably available for a reasonable fee before the deadline.

I don't remember seeing too many rumours about Vinagre or McNeil before they were signed.
Hopefully there'll be another surprise this week. I'd still like Martin Terrier if he's not going to Leeds.
McNeil was linked numerous times but it had definitely gone quiet and then it just seemed to happen out the blue. I hope we are working on something quietly, it seems everything gets leaked easily with us.

Didn't he play about 10 games last year?? I honestly forgot he was Utd last season
He missed 19 PL games through injury and another from covid. So 20/38 games he was unavailable for last season.

Also missed 4/8 Champions League games & 1/3 cup games.

25/49 games he missed last season through injury and apparently picking and choosing when he plays.

Not to mention he would want over £150k a week and wouldn't even consider us.

Hope not. I'd much rather we played Dele up front and stuck to signing a developing player that can come off the bench. We've done without recognised centre forwards before. It is possible.
Richarlison was average as an actual CF, I don’t think Dele would be any worse on the hall or finishing, but work wise only Iwobi would match him for work rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back