Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we are bringing someone in, dare I think that?
This fails to explain why we loaned them out and kept Rondon on in a position where he might have to contribute. I realize that we're stuck paying Rondon, but suppose Dobbin is better (or offers the potential to be better). We can then always register Rondon as a "break glass in case of injury Armageddon" option since we can register unlimited U-21 players, and keep Dobbin.

It's a little more complicated with Simms since we would have to deny Rondon (or someone else) a squad number, but the same basic logic applies. It suggests that either the decision-makers at the club were determined to bring in another forward or think that the junior players in question won't yet cut it at this level, requiring development elsewhere. Lastly, it could be that the club is run by nitwits.

Any of those explanations is sustainable on the evidence.

This fails to explain why we loaned them out and kept Rondon on in a position where he might have to contribute. I realize that we're stuck paying Rondon, but suppose Dobbin is better (or offers the potential to be better). We can then always register Rondon as a "break glass in case of injury Armageddon" option since we can register unlimited U-21 players, and keep Dobbin.

It's a little more complicated with Simms since we would have to deny Rondon (or someone else) a squad number, but the same basic logic applies. It suggests that either the decision-makers at the club were determined to bring in another forward or think that the junior players in question won't yet cut it at this level, requiring development elsewhere. Lastly, it could be that the club is run by nitwits.

Any of those explanations is sustainable on the evidence.
Fiver says we can't fill the bench on the weekend.

What club goes into a season with one forward up to standard anyway? It's this seasons madness last season was Benitez
Been going on for years - moshiri’s first full summer ended up with us buying three number 10’s, no replacement for lukaku and no full backs. The planning and execution is appalling.

How long have we known that either richarlison or Calvert lewin would be going for - didn’t richarlison tell ancellotti two summers ago that he wanted to go. Yet here we are entering a season which was already going to be v difficult reliant on a CF whose body looks like it’s failing him.

This board is rolling the dice with our top flight status - I’m scrambling around trying to find three worse teams than us - if a couple of the promoted sides settle in to life in the top division I think we’re gone.

Seems like they’re hoping for 17th in my eyes. I can’t see it any other way. They just want us to stay up for the next couple of seasons. It’s shameful.
They're playing with fire if we don't reinforce and don't get some points early, we could go this season it was only the fans and a few key players that kept us up last season.

Been going on for years - moshiri’s first full summer ended up with us buying three number 10’s, no replacement for lukaku and no full backs. The planning and execution is appalling.

How long have we known that either richarlison or Calvert lewin would be going for - didn’t richarlison tell ancellotti two summers ago that he wanted to go. Yet here we are entering a season which was already going to be v difficult reliant on a CF whose body looks like it’s failing him.

This board is rolling the dice with our top flight status - I’m scrambling around trying to find three worse teams than us - if a couple of the promoted sides settle in to life in the top division I think we’re gone.
Agree I'm very worried at the sheer chronic mismanagement and negligence.

Fiver says we can't fill the bench on the weekend.
I always win that bet because Lampard will name unfit players or academy players to fill out the bench if he has to, if nothing else for appearances' sake.

The tricky thing about a fair version of a bet like that would be coming to an agreement on what 'filling the bench' means, from a practical standpoint.

Staying up to play a premier League game in the new stadium seems to the only aim. Grim.
It’s genuinely the aspiration even if it’s not said. Should be obvious to everyone at this point. I understand we tied our hands behind our own backs to some extent, but it’s still horrible. Not what the fans deserve.

I heard from my mate’s brother’s girlfriend, who used to buy pork chops off a butcher who used to make home deliveries to Kenwright’s accountant’s next-door-neighbour’s uncle that the reason we can’t buy another striker is that the board are a bunch of gobshi…

Mate why would the target be Broja - a player who wants to leave Chelsea purely as he doesn't want minutes but to be a starter and he'd come here as backup to DCL, it's why he's still at Chelsea until someone offers him the starting slot there's no point in moving
To be fair I didn’t say Broja, I said a player like Broja i.e someone who is young and needs developing and hence wouldn’t be a guaranteed starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back