Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Coady rumours don't make sense unless we have solid offers on the table for Keane and Mina. We don't need six CBs who are all on big wages, it would simply stop us bringing in sufficient reinforcements elsewhere like CM and CF.

If Coady is genuinely a target then it's more evidence of Lampard's plan to play a 3 CB structure most weeks - if that's the plan then Keane is surplus to squad requirements because he goes completely to pieces in a back 3 or back 5.

If we're bringing ANY more CBs in then simply from a payroll perspective someone's got to leave. Our wage to income ratio is better now than it was before Tosun, Delph and Sigurdsson left but if we just keep adding to the squad then we recreate the same problem - too many highly-paid players not actually playing much.

Having said all that, if we really do have offers for Mina and Keane then I'd prefer to see a better new CB than Coady. Someone a bit younger and capable of playing in more than just one system. Evan Ndicka or Duje Caleta-Car, someone like that. I see Ajax have nabbed Calvin Bassey for around £20m...
I think it’s more symbolic of his absolute - and justified - lack of trust in any of our CBs. Holgate is crap, Godfrey has had one ok and one crap season, Keane is Keane and Mina can’t stay fit. I take your point that they still have to be paid, but if we have any designs on not conceding from every corner we give away I think a change of personnel is the only way we accomplish that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back