Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Load it up pls Con...paywall.

Haven't got it, just in the intro:

Everton are hopeful of signing Lille midfielder Amadou Onana after submitting a £33 million offer and are also interested in a move for Wolverhampton Wanderers centre back Conor Coady.

The deal for Onana, who has been a target for West Ham United, would be in addition to plans to recruit Idrissa Gana Gueye from Paris Saint-Germain three years after he left Goodison Park.

Haven't got it, just in the intro:

Everton are hopeful of signing Lille midfielder Amadou Onana after submitting a £33 million offer and are also interested in a move for Wolverhampton Wanderers centre back Conor Coady.

The deal for Onana, who has been a target for West Ham United, would be in addition to plans to recruit Idrissa Gana Gueye from Paris Saint-Germain three years after he left Goodison Park.
Cheers Con

Winds me up when you see comments on here / twitter from fans who say "where's the money coming from?" Whenever we are linked to a player.

Who's arsed where its coming from.
Tbh I don’t care where the money comes from, we have been dire for so long I’m happy for us to risk sailing close to FFP rules if it means getting better players in, if we fail we fail but I’m sick and tired of us treading water. Last season we spent very little and nearly went down, We can risk that again.

Think coady is very overrated personally.

Also unsure why Wolves would let him go when he has missed 1 game in like 5/6 years for them.

We have also just signed a 29 year old CB. Would seem an odd step to sign another.
I wouldn’t be against Coady on loan, it would be like having a slightly younger David weir and Richard Gough having Coady and Tarks as out back 2 ?

I want to believe
Tbh I don’t care where the money comes from, we have been dire for so long I’m happy for us to risk sailing close to FFP rules if it means getting better players in, if we fail we fail but I’m sick and tired of us treading water. Last season we spent very little and nearly went down, We can risk that again.
We will have spent over 60 mil if we sign gana and Onana with Dwight and more to come it seems

Think coady is very overrated personally.

Also unsure why Wolves would let him go when he has missed 1 game in like 5/6 years for them.

We have also just signed a 29 year old CB. Would seem an odd step to sign another.
CBs with good positional sense can play for a good long while. I'm a lot more comfortable with signing the right 29 year old CB than I am with signing a player that age almost anywhere else on the pitch.

A truly world class striker or goalkeeper can potentially play for longer, but when the coach turns into a pumpkin overnight is something of a lottery at those positions. Old Buffon wasn't peak Buffon, but he was still really good for forever. Neuer is still world class. Casillas was done at the top level at around 34.

Agree. Have to see a striker in the next week or two, there's a lot of games the next few months and we aren't seeing DCL until October at best.
Did you just add that whole quote to my name I am pretty sure I never said that to be fair. I agree like but I never said it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back