Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think something is going to happen with Gallagher. Chelsea are starting to throw money around like confetti. He has half a shot at the World Cup. I think it will dawn him he won’t get the games he needs

Chelsea spending 20m on a teenager from Villa a d I think they'll end up getting De jong as well, once he signs I think Gallacher will see the writing on the wall for his game time this season.

It'd put him behind Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, De Jong as fifth choice and with a 18yo that Chelsea will want to get minutes too this season ahead of a soon to be 23yo.

Ultimately players who've been at Chelsea since a kid don't tend to suddenly become first team starters there at 23 having never once been played,

I can go along with most of that.

If we can move Holgate on for cash, and ideally Gomes, Allan and Gbamin.

I also wonder of Broja finds his way here some way. I have a theory that the club may sell DCL to Newcastle mid season. He seems the sort of panic buy they may make if we can keep him fit.

The other left field option, is MGW. If we see a deal is agreed at a figure we like, I could see a world where we make a move.

Gilmour will be available at a huge knockdown price too. Tuchel has basically brushed him off.

I just don't think he's for sale mate. Reports today that Forest have just bid £35m for him, which was immediately rejected.

Gilmour is looking the most likely option to us now, maybe on a loan.

Broja - if we make that happen this window I'll be seriously impressed ?

Is this like Onana who was off to West Ham?
Let's hope so mate ??

I'm just saying that was the last I'd heard of Kalimuendo. Plus, with Onana, we were linked a month or so ago but looked like we didn't have the cash. I haven't seen us linked with Kalimuendo anywhere.

If he's available and the people managing our transfer strategy are in any way competent, you would hope that he has been mentioned when we were negotiating with PSG for Gana. Particularly after DCL's injury.

I think something is going to happen with Gallagher. Chelsea are starting to throw money around like confetti. He has half a shot at the World Cup. I think it will dawn him he won’t get the games he needs

Wont be coming here if we aim to be playing 343 realistically.

Unless Fronk is looking at Gana as being more a squad player / option from the bench at 60-70 minutes to see a game out (basically a fit Delph).

Onana and Gallagher as a midfield pairing with Gana & Iwobi as their back ups would be great strength in depth.

Chelsea spending 20m on a teenager from Villa a d I think they'll end up getting De jong as well, once he signs I think Gallacher will see the writing on the wall for his game time this season.

It'd put him behind Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, De Jong as fifth choice and with a 18yo that Chelsea will want to get minutes too this season ahead of a soon to be 23yo.

Ultimately players who've been at Chelsea since a kid don't tend to suddenly become first team starters there at 23 having never once been played,
Tuchel also quite likes Loftus-Cheek and they will struggle to shift Barkley too

Wont be coming here if we aim to be playing 343 realistically.

Unless Fronk is looking at Gana as being more a squad player / option from the bench at 60-70 minutes to see a game out (basically a fit Delph).

Onana and Gallagher as a midfield pairing with Gana & Iwobi as their back ups would be great strength in depth.
That thought crossed my mind too. If we see Coady they are full committing to the back 3

Turning into a much better window now for sure.

Where are our goals going to come from though? Still a massive concern that…
Well in theory the goals should actually be in a better place than last year, especially if we’re getting another forward in. Fair enough we’ve got no goals in midfield but now we actually have a midfield.

Hopefully with Gana and Onana doing the midfield work it’d allow players like Gordon, McNeil, Dele, Gray and Doucoure more license to attack more than they would’ve last season.

If we get a solid shape going defensively too with Tarkowski and whoever he’s partnered with then that’ll also let the full backs, Patterson especially, get forward too.

I’m not saying we’ll be like City or prime Barcelona but in theory if this team plays good football the goals should naturally spread around, especially too if we get better at set pieces with some new taller players coming in.

All the pieces are there to put together a good solid side that the fans can get behindfor the first time in a while and I think Lampard can do just that. The goals will come, I’m sure of it. All we have to worry about is injuries or suspensions that would allow the worse players like Rondon, Davies and Keane back into the side, that’ll be regression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back