Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider this is a proper replacement for Richy if true.
G
Wasn’t this the guy who broke one of our earlier deals? McNeil maybe?

Got to be a big pinch of salt on that one. If Wolves are in surely Mendes wouldn't send him anywhere else.

It's the profile of player I think we should be in for, though, guys like him or Terrier or Brereton who have also spent time on the wing, who can still have a first team position if / when DCL is fit. I

t would be tempting to splash out on a big lug like the lad from Stuttgart but, although they'll see plenty of game time with Dom's injury record, it is still spending money just on a second choice target man when, as limited as he is, Rondon can fulfil the main functions of a rudimentary target man. if we are spending money it should be on someone who gives different options and can have a role when our first choice striker is fit.

Guedes £30m, Onana £35m, Coady £12m, Gana £10m?. No chance we spend anymore of a forward unless it's a loan.
Everton-owner-Farhad-Moshiri-1.jpg

Think people are probably overblowing how bad Coady is in a 2 and even then we’ll be playing 3 at the back a good chunk anyway so I don’t know the reason it’s being brought up so much, the most important thing that Lampard will have seen with him and Tarkowski is that they barely miss games. Last season did we use a mad number of defensive combinations a lot of the time due to injury?

Look at it this way at £12m in total we’ve probably sorted the starting CB issues we’ve been having for years with Tarkowski and Coady. Even if it’s just for 2 or 3 years, £12m is nothing for that sort of solidity where we’ve been lacking. If it allows Branthwaite to come back next year ready to play and maybe buying another young understudy then it’ll be well worth it.

Guedes £30m, Onana £35m, Coady £12m, Gana £10m?. No chance we spend anymore of a forward unless it's a loan.
We got £50m+ value for Richy, I suspect so far with the way our deals have been done that we’ve spent a lot less than that. Keep in mind for every sale we get, we get the full value of it regardless of when the instalments are paid and with every purchase we make we only have to worry about the instalments.

With McNeil, Onana, Gana and Coady I’d suspect we’ve actually only paid £30m/£35m roughly. There’s still money there to be spent if we can structure deals properly.

Had a quick look on transfermarkt at the injury records of the lads we’ve been linked to today, only the Strasbourg lad has a decent injury record, the other two have pretty bad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back