Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might if he's on a very good wage, which you suspect he might be. If he is, it'll depend on who will match said wage, which I suspect others won't.

If they do get relegated, it'll e interested to see how their finances pan out.
I suspect lots of questionable sponsorship dealings which will somehow allow them to lash 200m at winning the Championship next season, if they do go down. What would the punishment be anyway for them breaking the rules? A suspended fine? A European ban which means nothing or would be contested (and won) in court? Really no need for any rich club, us included, to bat an eyelid at FFP any more after what City did and got away with.

Well it's not preposterous that Gordon will be better than Gray so I agree with you there, but it seems like you just want to bash Gray to highlight how good Gordon is which is a weird but pretty common tactic. I don't really think it matters whether people advocated signing Gray previously or not, we can only judge him on what he's done since he's been here and for me he's been our player of the season (up until now) by so far that nobody else is even in the frame. I just don't really see why how much Leicester sold him for is in any way relevant but you crack on.
Of course it was relevant, he’d failed at Leicester and that’s why they were happy to let him go And didn’t offer him a new deal.

I was replying to someone who said iwobi Is the only winger Gordon is better than. Which I disagreed with and Gordon has been better than Townsend the last few months. And imo And I’m entitled to it, he will go on to be better than gray.

It’s Great that Gray is starting to show the talent he had as young player with us, And I want him to carry on and get better, that’s great for us and that’s all that matters, but it’s still early days for him, going on the back of his 5 yrs at Leicester.

And I get this who cares what happened before as long as he does the business with us, but some people will always look at the bigger picture while some take the here and now. Like I see so many saying let’s sign Lingard, because of a great 6 months at West Ham And not an average 9 yrs at Utd. Like after Saturday everyone’s back on the Gomes train, while I will wait and see if he can do it consistently

MUST SELL/GIVE AWAY:
  • At least one of Keane/Holgate
  • Iwobi
  • Rondon
  • Davies
  • Gomes
Coleman to become backup right back next season. Nkounkou backup left back. Branthwaite to challenge Godfrey and Mina, with a new centre back brought in. Gordon and a new wide player to challenge for a starting role, Townsend to be more of an impact player as he was always intended to be. A new central midfielder brought in who can pass a football and help us make the transition from defence to attack. A new striker brought in.

That's 5/6 out, with the 5/6 players out of contract too, and four brought in: CB, CM, WG, ST. Surely doable, especially under a new manager.
After Saturday would you still sell Gomes.
Give him and one or two others a chance under Frank.
Iwobi , Rondon , Davies for sure

I suspect lots of questionable sponsorship dealings which will somehow allow them to lash 200m at winning the Championship next season, if they do go down. What would the punishment be anyway for them breaking the rules? A suspended fine? A European ban which means nothing or would be contested (and won) in court? Really no need for any rich club, us included, to bat an eyelid at FFP any more after what City did and got away with.
Surprisingly, the Championship has an even more stringent set of rules for probability and sustainability rules than the PL.

A few clubs, more than the PL, have had points docked for breaching the limits on loss and % of wages versus turnover, which are tighter than our own.

They'll probably be able to work around it to some extent, but I don't expect them to be taking it too lightly.

After Saturday would you still sell Gomes.
Give him and one or two others a chance under Frank.
Iwobi , Rondon , Davies for sure
I’m not a Gomes fan and definitely not getting carried away after one game.

Now we’ve signed Ali that changes things for midfield, it’s unlikely Frank plays 433 as Ali won’t play in one of the front 3 positions, and not really suited to playing in one of the wide midfield roles, he could do now and again.

But he’s more likely going to play as the attacking midfielder/split striker. And Gomes can’t play in a midfield 2 imo. Not against most teams anyway

How on earth was a club desperate for a RB not taking Spence off Forest, btw?

Shocking level of scouting and recruitment at this club. Literally most fans could identify better players than the ones the club buys.

If any average fan would have been given half a billion and told to pick out the players they want for a balanced and blended Everton first team squad they'd all do better than Koeman/Brands/Silva and Ancelotti did.
They didn’t buy spence off Forest because Forest don’t hold his contract
Tell me you knew that Dave

He would also be nearly 30, at the start of next season And where would you play him? I just think he would cost a lot of money for a squad player. He doesn’t get in our team now imo. and we would be stuck with him. Unlike say Ali who we could still shift for money in a year or two.
If we could get him on decent wages , I'd have him as a back up to Dom . This is just my opinion . Players at that age are mostly hitting their top level (definitely in his case) he would bring us goals and options up top and on the wings . Again, just my opinion

I made the mistake of not realising he had 6months left. And thanks for pointing that out. Still doesn’t change the fact, that no prem clubs thought he was worth a cheap gamble, shows how far he had fallen as a player.

Just to add context, we got 15mil for Barkley with 6months left
That was Chelsea who are rich and could spend. We are rich and couldn’t spend

"Digits".

Here's a digit for you ?

He's been our best player ALL season. Gray and that lad have been the only sparks of invention in this team all season, and now Gordon is pulling away from Gray in his consistency to provide quality in every game.

England international before this time next season.
The vaults will not be kind on this one
But I’m sure after the stadium thread you are well aware the vaults can be a cruel mistress

If this Brazilian fella is any good tonight maybe we can scout him and make an offer if they end up relegated. He's not going to want to play 1-2 years in the. Championship at 25 years old.

He might if he's on a very good wage, which you suspect he might be. If he is, it'll depend on who will match said wage, which I suspect others won't.

If they do get relegated, it'll e interested to see how their finances pan out.

Guimaraes is class.

If he takes time to adapt then theyre down...but hes that good that if he hits the ground running he could be a massive difference.

Hopefully they go down and we can bring him in...he'd be perfect for our DM needs if he can adapt.

Ive wanted him for a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back