Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought that myself, especially with Lampard alluding to how hard the front 3 worked closing down defenders the other day. A 30 something Mueller wouldn’t do that.

He’s extremely hard working. It’s just the fact he’s a Bayern legend, still on top form, heading towards a cap record & no chance he goes from that to Everton.

I jus

I just think on the form he was on , he would be great for us .
Agree , wages could be a bit of a problem, but still worth a look at (imo)
He would also be nearly 30, at the start of next season And where would you play him? I just think he would cost a lot of money for a squad player. He doesn’t get in our team now imo. and we would be stuck with him. Unlike say Ali who we could still shift for money in a year or two.

This is similar to when people declared Holgate the saviour of humanity a couple of years ago, only worse. Gordon is decent with potential, thats about it. All our wingers bar Iwobi are better than him.
I know Townsend has got a few goals, but I’d play Gordon over him every day of week. Amd Gordon will go in to be better than gray.

Gray has been great for us, but has flattered to deceive all his career

I know Townsend has got a few goals, but I’d play Gordon over him every day of week. Amd Gordon will go in to be better than gray.

Gray has been great for us, but has flattered to deceive all his career
What a preposterous statement to make. He isnt as good as Gray now and you have no idea if he ever will be.
Townsend assists and scores more than Gordon does. Thats what we need right now. Being localish and homegrown wins us zero points. I like Anthony, but this here is sillytalk.

What a preposterous statement to make. He isnt as good as Gray now and you have no idea if he ever will be.
Townsend assists and scores more than Gordon does. Thats what we need right now. Being localish and homegrown wins us zero points. I like Anthony, but this here is sillytalk.
Gordon doesn't have the numebrs of Townsend but looks a more talented player to me. They're 10 years apart in their levels of experience.

You’re talking like gray cost us 40mil and was up for the Ballon d’or. Leicester who had Marc Allbrighton keeping Gray out the team sold him for 2mil and 6 months later Leverkusen sold him to us for 1.7 mil. There’s a reason he was that cheap. He’s done great for us but it’s still early days, like it is with Gordon

As for Townsend, this a player palace didn’t want. And Duncan’s biggest mistake was dropping Gordon for him fir the villa game. Townsend was awful and Gordon was our best player for the 30mins was on the pitch. And Franks been here for 5 days and picks Gordon over Townsend for his first game. Gordon will start more games than Townsend for the remainder of this season if he stays fit.

You’re talking like gray cost us 40mil and was up for the Ballon d’or. Leicester who had Marc Allbrighton keeping Gray out the team sold him for 2mil and 6 months later Leverkusen sold him to us for 1.7 mil. There’s a reason he was that cheap. He’s done great for us but it’s still early days, like it is with Gordon

As for Townsend, this a player palace didn’t want. And Duncan’s biggest mistake was dropping Gordon for him fir the villa game. Townsend was awful and Gordon was our best player for the 30mins was on the pitch. And Franks been here for 5 days and picks Gordon over Townsend for his first game. Gordon will start more games than Townsend for the remainder of this season if he stays fit.

Just adding a bit of context here you missed: Leverkusen signed him so cheap because he had 6 months on his deal and wasn’t signing a new one. We signed him so cheap because it was a release clause.

Just adding a bit of context here you missed: Leverkusen signed him so cheap because he had 6 months on his deal and wasn’t signing a new one. We signed him so cheap because it was a release clause.
That’s fair enough, but he still wasn’t getting sold for fortunes even if he had 2 yrs left. Interesting that no English club were interested when Leicester sold him

you said it, just admit you're not very good at judging talent

What we need right now is to start building a team that will be significatly better than the one we have now by the time we move in to the new stadium in a couple of years. Gordon is only 20 so he's far from reaching his peak and he's only going to improve with game time. Lampard likes bringing younger players through so I suspect Gordon will get plenty of chances to show what he can do.
Whether that means Gordon or Townsend will get more games this season remains to be seen but knowing Lampard's track record, I reckon Gordon could edge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back