Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did sell some 280m worth of players.

If we had spent the 550m without the sales we would have a squad with Lukaku, Stones, Gueye, Deulofeu, Vlasic, Digne and JR we would possibly have a top 4 squad if added to the best of what is at the club.

We have bought badly for sure but the net spend is around 200m .
How on earth can you put Paper Lungs and Vlasic in that esteemed company??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

By what metric?

Hes been great the last few games, but ya man Andros Townsend has slotted 7 goals, I aint even gonna mention Demz or Richy Rich cos I dont wanna show you right up.

I mean im ok with people being excited about Gordon, but calling him our best player is a proper stretch.
Who's better than him?

That lad has aggression, pace, balance, he can assist on goals and just needs to add more of them himself.

Townsend, Gray and Richarlison aren't at the races with the whole game that Gordon has.

Utterly baffled you'd think that.

It's been years since Evertonians were knowledgable about players and what constitutes class as opposed to hype...and you and a few others here prove that.

Gordon is going to be playing for England soon. Absolute racing certainty.

Who's better than him?

That lad has aggression, pace, balance, he can assist on goals and just needs to add more of them himself.

Townsend, Gray and Richarlison aren't at the races with the whole game that Gordon has.

It's been years since Evertonians were knowledgable about players and what constitutes class as opposed to hype...and you and a few others here prove that.

I mean I named we both named the 3 players who have been better than him all season.

Townsend, Gray and Richarlison, all 3 are players that have shown up all season and in past seasons.

The whole game Gordon has? His digits are quite bad, but im not going to use them as a stick, as I said, hes played great the last few games, just needs to get his digits up and who knows.

Lots of people on here are excited about Gordon, again, the last few games have got me onboard, I needed to see more than just running around and whilst, again, his digits still arent great, you can see that he just needs a bit more coaching and well, who knows. Hows that for knowledge.

As for England, for sure if he keeps putting in the work, but there are a number of talented young England players floating around, so hes probably going to have to work on, yes, you guessed it, his digits.

In short, Gordon is doing great, but hes not been our best player this season, IMO and I doubt many would agree, do a poll plantpot.

We would BOSS the running around and looking scouse League for sure.

How the hell do you look scouse?

1644279625926.webp
1644279694404.webp

Put "looking scouse" into Google images and this is what came up?

Who's better than him?

Shush Dave

Is that the same Stones that a lot of Blues gave absolute grief to for daring to lose possession whilst trying to drag our back four out of the dark ages?
Is said more robust, not better. For what it’s worth I thought, and still think, that Stones is the best technically-able and naturally talented centre half this country has produced for many years.
Sorry it wasn’t meant as a dig at you, it’s just something I’ve seen people do about 3/4 players over the last few years ‘he’s like stones but bigger/faster/without the mistakes’. It’s never just ‘he reminds me a little bit of stones’, there has to be something that makes them better.

I like the look of branthwaite but if he has a career like Keane he’ll have done brilliantly, nevermind stones.

I mean I named we both named the 3 players who have been better than him all season.

Townsend, Gray and Richarlison, all 3 are players that have shown up all season and in past seasons.

The whole game Gordon has? His digits are quite bad, but im not going to use them as a stick, as I said, hes played great the last few games, just needs to get his digits up and who knows.

Lots of people on here are excited about Gordon, again, the last few games have got me onboard, I needed to see more than just running around and whilst, again, his digits still arent great, you can see that he just needs a bit more coaching and well, who knows. Hows that for knowledge.

As for England, for sure if he keeps putting in the work, but there are a number of talented young England players floating around, so hes probably going to have to work on, yes, you guessed it, his digits.

In short, Gordon is doing great, but hes not been our best player this season, IMO and I doubt many would agree, do a poll plantpot.

Digits.

I jus
But he would want at least a 3 yr deal. And would want a huge wage. Total waste of money imo. On the back of a good 6 months at west ham.

Especially when we’ve just signed someone who plays in his position.
I just think on the form he was on , he would be great for us .
Agree , wages could be a bit of a problem, but still worth a look at (imo)

Would anyone take Mueller if it meant losing DCL and replacing him with a top quality DM and centre half? Although a great player does Mueller fit the mould of how Lampard wants us to play. I’m not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back