Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand some part of his family is Moroccan but think it's wrong for people to just assume they're not from the country they represent just because of their name. Otherwise we'd never call someone like Bukayo Sako English.

I mean, I have an Irish surname, but I've lived all my life in England

If I decided to declare for England and had come through an English teams academy, you wouldn't class me as an Irish player if Everton signed me FFS and I reckon you'd get some extraordinarily odd looks if you did

So classing a demonstrably Dutch person as an Arabian just because of their surname seems pretty rum to me. I'm sure he's proud of his heritage but he hardly came straight from the desert to the Feyenoord youth set up you know?

I mean, I have an Irish surname, but I've lived all my life in England

If I decided to declare for England and had come through an English teams academy, you wouldn't class me as an Irish player if Everton signed me FFS and I reckon you'd get some extraordinarily odd looks if you did

So classing a demonstrably Dutch person as an Arabian just because of their surname seems pretty rum to me. I'm sure he's proud of his heritage but he hardly came straight from the desert to the Feyenoord youth set up you know?
Lets be honest it's just ignorant borderline racism, predictably used to start an argument...
Which given the poster is hardly new behaviour now is it...

Same difference. How didn't we contact Boro and get that deal done?

The lad can attack and defend and WILL be in the PL for some club soon.
There were reports of us being after him last season I think. Or the season before. IIRC teh reports said that Brands liked him. No idea why he wasn't signed though.

He was born in the Netherlands. He's not via anywhere.

Morocco also isn't an arab country.
Dave's had you on that point, as it is. The Arab World is formed as part of the Arabian Peninsular and North Africa, with Morocco being one.

The only problem for Dave is that the Netherlands, where he's born and who he has chosen to represent, isn't. So, unless El Ghazi says otherwise, he's Dutch.

Dave's had you on that point, as it is. The Arab World is formed as part of the Arabian Peninsular and North Africa, with Morocco being one.

The only problem for Dave is that the Netherlands, where he's born and who he has chosen to represent, isn't. So, unless El Ghazi says otherwise, he's Dutch.
Morocco isn't an Arab country anyways, just a lot of the population has Arab descent, call a Berber an Arab he won't be that happy like.

Arabic ≠ Arabian. Morocco is not on the Arabian peninsular.

But yeah, dismissing players as being from the 'Brazilian Amazon' or the 'Arabian Desert' does seem quite rum. Maybe don't do that.

(Also, who ever heard of a good footballer coming from Brazil???)

Arabic ≠ Arabian. Morocco is not on the Arabian peninsular.

But yeah, dismissing players as being from the 'Brazilian Amazon' or the 'Arabian Desert' does seem quite rum. Maybe don't do that.

(Also, who ever heard of a good footballer coming from Brazil???)
No it's not, as I said, but as I mentioned it's not the only remit for it hence why North African countries can and are constituted as 'Arab countries'

The country is almost 100% Arab-Berbers (mixed ethnicity of Arab and Berbers; it's part of the Arab League. There's many more elements too.

When I spent some time with the UN and worked with a few Moroccans (the RMG), they pretty much all referred to it as an Arab country, to most extents.
Morocco isn't an Arab country anyways, just a lot of the population has Arab descent, call a Berber an Arab he won't be that happy like.
As above, most are Arab-Berbers.

Scouting Alex Scott of Bristol City per football insider.

@roydo seen much of him?
Only Alex Scott I've ever heard of can be found in the fit birds thread...

1644256544614.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back