Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true. Half a billion in fees - and the club got its best player for f.a.

If we had 4 in Anthony Gordon's class we'd be top 5/6.

Email the club and tell them that they’re doing it all wrong and should be scouting the Scotty Road league and all our problems forever more will be solved.

Nice to see you’ve moved on from your areas of expertise in professional football - finance, stadium building, the hiring of staff, both on and off the pitch, the day to day running of the club and training ground and now moved onto scouting.

We can all sleep soundly tonight.

Email the club and tell them that they’re doing it all wrong and should be scouting the Scotty Road league and all our problems forever more will be solved.

Nice to see you’ve moved on from your areas of expertise in professional football - finance, stadium building, the hiring of staff, both on and off the pitch, the day to day running of the club and training ground and now moved onto scouting.

We can all sleep soundly tonight.

I thought it was a fairly uncontroversial statement to make that our best player cost nothing and the club spent half a billion to end up in that position.

Young, very attack minded midfielder, good on the ball, maybe a bit lightweight at the moment?

All i know of him is that hes in the England u19s squad and has played 23 games for Bristol City...

Perhaps it maybe someone Ashley Cole has seen while working with England u21s? Watched him to see how far he was off the step up?

Who are the players you would go for in the championship or below factoring in the new manager and style of play?

Would absolutely love us to have several deals lined up for players to join us at the start of pre-season, as opposed to in the days before the window closes giving them no time to bed in with the squad.

We know we need a central midfielder and a striker, for example. No reason at all, if money is available, for us to wait until summer to start looking.

Would absolutely love us to have several deals lined up for players to join us at the start of pre-season, as opposed to in the days before the window closes giving them no time to bed in with the squad.

We know we need a central midfielder and a striker, for example. No reason at all, if money is available, for us to wait until summer to start looking.
You’d think lampard will have a pull, especially from young midfielders.

While Saturday was a good start, I think he will be in for 2 midfielders in the summer. Someone who’s naturally a 6, like Gilmour maybe, he has a year left. Then more of a box to box midfielder.

Looking at the midfielders we have, delph goes, Gbamin probably goes on loan. Allan & Doucoure have a year left. I think Tom davies only has a year left and Gomes 2yrs. So a lot of decisions for the club to make. I’d imagine Doucoure gets a new deal. Allan who knows he’s 31 I really like him, but rumours Sarri who had him at Napoli, wants him at Lazio. So a good offer he couid go, I doubt he gets a new deal, but I also wouldn’t mind keeping him Amd letting him walk away the following summer. I’d rather us have 4 very good midfielders than maybe having Tom davies as 4th choice.

Really not sure what happens to him or Gomes, I won’t get carried away with Gomes after 1 game

You’d think lampard will have a pull, especially from young midfielders.

While Saturday was a good start, I think he will be in for 2 midfielders in the summer. Someone who’s naturally a 6, like Gilmour maybe, he has a year left. Then more of a box to box midfielder.

Looking at the midfielders we have, delph goes, Gbamin probably goes on loan. Allan & Doucoure have a year left. I think Tom davies only has a year left and Gomes 2yrs. So a lot of decisions for the club to make. I’d imagine Doucoure gets a new deal. Allan who knows he’s 31 I really like him, but rumours Sarri who had him at Napoli, wants him at Lazio. So a good offer he couid go, I doubt he gets a new deal, but I also wouldn’t mind keeping him Amd letting him walk away the following summer. I’d rather us have 4 very good midfielders than maybe having Tom davies as 4th choice.

Really not sure what happens to him or Gomes, I won’t get carried away with Gomes after 1 game
Yep definitely need to target two good midfielders in the summer, and maybe more. I would definitely offer Doucoure a new contract as he he hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. Would also consider a short term extension for Allan if he'd consider it, depending on how he performs the rest of the season. I worry about his injuries and speed, but he's still very important. Overall we need better mobility than what Allan provides and better technical ability than what Doucoure provides, but they are our glue guys that shine when the system is working well. As bad as our midfield has been, it was much worse before those two were brought in. We need midfielders comfortable with the ball who want to control and progress it. Essentially what Gomes provided yesterday but on a consistent basis. I am very curious to see how VDB gets on.

It's a bit mad that any promising young defender we have is always a better version of 3 time PL winner and 50 odd England capped John Stones.
Is that the same Stones that a lot of Blues gave absolute grief to for daring to lose possession whilst trying to drag our back four out of the dark ages?
Is said more robust, not better. For what it’s worth I thought, and still think, that Stones is the best technically-able and naturally talented centre half this country has produced for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back