Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a low enough expectation for up front.

Certain profile of player who will come here to compete for a place or be back up on our budget.

Older player, who can manage 15 odd games, high wage, expierence, shelf life.

Player from an oversee league at a middling club capable of 10 odd is said league, who might have had a turn in Europe who moving to PL woukf be a decent career move for about 10-15 mill.

Championship lad, done well down there, might have head room, may or may not transition to the PL, taking on risk.

Essentially we’re after a Josh King type of profile in each of those categories.

From the links, it looks like we are after a back up, but not as much of a back up as say Rondon, who was really a last 20 minutes guy.

From the links, I also wonder if we may be after 2. One as a cover option for Dom, one as closer to a replacement for Richarlison. The profiles at times seem a bit different.

No idea how we square with FFP (unless Moshiri gets creative again and/or we sell someone like Gordon/DCL in January).

It may also be, as we head towards the back end of the window, lots of deals start throwing themselves up. Essentially loan deals, where you can cover wages and get an option. Not massively capital intensive, and also not massively onerous this year.

Whatever happens, I think we will use our loan quota's up. We have 1 foreign, and 1 domestic loan left (or we could do 2 foreign loans). I still have a feeling we may do Broja or Gallacher late on loan with another striker on loan before that.

Maybe he’ll do but I’ll prefer we go for Ajorque or MoffI guy instead. They have been regular starters for their teams.
Yup, couldn't get starts last season and now even further down the pecking order with Kalimuendo coming in. Whoever we bring in will be starting games for us for at least another month, probably closer to two. Is Rennes' third best striker really going to be good enough to be a starting striker in the Premier League? Maybe he can but it's a gamble.

From the links, it looks like we are after a back up, but not as much of a back up as say Rondon, who was really a last 20 minutes guy.

From the links, I also wonder if we may be after 2. One as a cover option for Dom, one as closer to a replacement for Richarlison. The profiles at times seem a bit different.

No idea how we square with FFP (unless Moshiri gets creative again and/or we sell someone like Gordon/DCL in January).

It may also be, as we head towards the back end of the window, lots of deals start throwing themselves up. Essentially loan deals, where you can cover wages and get an option. Not massively capital intensive, and also not massively onerous this year.

Whatever happens, I think we will use our loan quota's up. We have 1 foreign, and 1 domestic loan left (or we could do 2 foreign loans). I still have a feeling we may do Broja or Gallacher late on loan with another striker on loan before that.

I think someone like Guirassy is the market we are in mate. I’m half expecting that’s the one, have done since last weekend. Nothing to base it on just reasoning and logic.

I hope you are right on the two and the variance in the profile, I think we need another wide forward, to at least mitigate what Richarlison gave the team or the option of a foil, or a varying two. Thought Cornet was perfect.

I see rumours of CHO and Pulisic being available, both would improve us and add a something different, if they could be got on loan. We are probably hanging about on Chelsea to see what’s the best shoe that will drop and any potential deal, likely to be done when Chelsea are finished later in the window.

Personally think we’re short on guile, creativity and threat through the central channel and maybe in some wide areas, not convinced on McNeill.

I was thinking of our loan quota earlier, wonder would it be clever if we held one back, say we are in trouble come Jan, though it didn’t do us much good last season.

Last edited:
I think someone like Guirassy is the market we are in mate. I’m half expecting that’s the one thats the one, have done since last weekend. Nothing to base it on just reasoning and logic.

I hope you are right on the two and the variance in the profile, I think we need another wide forward, to at least mitigate what Richarlison gave the team or the option of a foil, or a varying two. Thought Cornet was perfect. I see rumours of CHO being available and Pulisic being available, both would improve us and add a something different, if 5hey could be got on loan. We are probably hanging about on Chelsea to see what’s the best shoe that will drop and any potential deal, likely to be done when Chelsea are finished later in the window.

I was thinking of our loan quota earlier, wonder would it be clever if we held one back, say we are in trouble come Jan, though it didn’t do us much good last season.

Yes some great points.

All I think with Guirassi is it seems a lot of noise at the French end, but nothing really from the trusted journos here. And most of the signings have been quite swift, out of left field and sort of had the Joyce/bobble/Fab seal of approval very shortly after. Nothing on him. Strong links from France though so cant be discarded.

I honestly think we are looking at 5 or 6 mate. Seen the huge German guy, guy from Coventry, probably considering Adam's too. Some are more like for like target men, others a bit more of a cross between Richarlison/DCL.

As for Chelsea, I don't think we can discard getting someone on loan from them late on. Looks like they are going to have a dump of players available late on. CHO seems shot, bit Pulisic would be a fantastic late loan IMO. You also have Broja or Gallacher who could be loaned.

As for the loan spot argument, I do get it and it makes sense. I do think Dele type deals mat become available though. If you're in our position you are basically rummaging through bins* so are quite strong negotiators. We could easily look to structure a deal, which essentially kicks in with a first payment next summer if we we get short (say after 20/25 games).

* The one exception would be a big sale. I wouldnt rule it out either. Newcastle seem to want to make a splash, and in almost any position will want to do so again in January. If they are already looking closely at Gordon, unless he goes wholly off the radar they are not going to be going away. In such a scenario, we have a little more flexibility. What's pleasing is, Thelwell seems to know how to maximise this position, rather than spuniing say 75% of it on Keane Lewis Potter.

I think someone like Guirassy is the market we are in mate. I’m half expecting that’s the one, have done since last weekend. Nothing to base it on just reasoning and logic.

I hope you are right on the two and the variance in the profile, I think we need another wide forward, to at least mitigate what Richarlison gave the team or the option of a foil, or a varying two. Thought Cornet was perfect.

I see rumours of CHO and Pulisic being available, both would improve us and add a something different, if they could be got on loan. We are probably hanging about on Chelsea to see what’s the best shoe that will drop and any potential deal, likely to be done when Chelsea are finished later in the window.

Personally think we’re short on guile, creativity and threat through the central channel and maybe in some wide areas, not convinced on McNeill.

Yeah I think we're not out of the race for Broja just yet, and I think Frank would be happy to buy him - funds permitting.

If not Guirassy then I do think a foreign loan for a striker is absolutely on the cards, and I think that's always been the plan.

Everyone is waiting in the wings on Chelsea's situation, but I think it's smart that we look elsewhere first and then do a deadline deal, or perhaps in January for one of their players. We just can't hang around waiting for Tuchel to put the 'For Sale' sign up and potentially walk away empty handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back