Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

No idea what all the fuss over Pulisic is about. Bang average.

Big name, capable of scoring and when on it really is a good player, but injury prone, inconsistent and massive wages.

Like the player a lot, but can't see with how we are recruiting him being even a name we are considering.

Think the first check list on players is 'ok how often dies he miss games' - that alone sees him off any list of interest.

Every player we've recruited or made any move on this summer has had an impeccable track record on fitness and avoiding injury.

….we feature a bit in todays BBC rumour mill;

5D721B3F-DE3D-4326-ADC3-391CA1BA4894.jpeg

Yeah I think we're not out of the race for Broja just yet, and I think Frank would be happy to buy him - funds permitting.

If not Guirassy then I do think a foreign loan for a striker is absolutely on the cards, and I think that's always been the plan.

Everyone is waiting in the wings on Chelsea's situation, but I think it's smart that we look elsewhere first and then do a deadline deal, or perhaps in January for one of their players. We just can't hang around waiting for Tuchel to put the 'For Sale' sign up and potentially walk away empty handed.
Agree with this. There is a lot of talk of two signings, so one moderately-priced from Europe and the other likely a domestic loan at the deadline.

Chelsea may spend a lot of cash in the next few weeks and it's reasonable to assume Broja may be available, but we could only stretch to a loan I think. It may have to be loan with obligation but that's a reasonable compromise for profit & sustainability this year and Chelsea get the sell-on clause. We can offer game time and Lampard gave him his debut and no doubt would speak to him personally.

A lot to happen at Chelsea and we have a good relationship with them, enhanced by Lampards presence.

But deadline day is a lottery and things can quickly go sour. I don't think we can wait till then for forward reinforcements so making sure our bases are covered is obviously sensible. We may also of course give ourselves more legroom if we could get the likes of Gomes and Allan out.

Agree with this. There is a lot of talk of two signings, so one moderately-priced from Europe and the other likely a domestic loan at the deadline.

Chelsea may spend a lot of cash in the next few weeks and it's reasonable to assume Broja may be available, but we could only stretch to a loan I think. It may have to be loan with obligation but that's a reasonable compromise for profit & sustainability this year and Chelsea get the sell-on clause. We can offer game time and Lampard gave him his debut and no doubt would speak to him personally.

A lot to happen at Chelsea and we have a good relationship with them, enhanced by Lampards presence.

But deadline day is a lottery and things can quickly go sour. I don't think we can wait till then for forward reinforcements so making sure our bases are covered is obviously sensible. We may also of course give ourselves more legroom if we could get the likes of Gomes and Allan out.

If Strasbourg are willing for a loan with option on Ajourke, then I can see us going for it tbh, big target man type, double figures the last two seasons 12 last and 16 the one before - and according to transfermarket records - absolutely zero injuries in his career - not a single one at 28.

So can see that being 'reliable' marking him out as a good backup for a season.

Doing so eases the pressure a lot whilst waiting on Chelsea's Broja decision.

Interesting as I think we can still make one decent money purchase this Summer (25-30m).

Still think two will arrive from Chelsea out of Broja, Gallagher and Gilmour.

If Strasbourg are willing for a loan with option on Ajourke, then I can see us going for it tbh, big target man type, double figures the last two seasons 12 last and 16 the one before - and according to transfermarket records - absolutely zero injuries in his career - not a single one at 28.

So can see that being 'reliable' marking him out as a good backup for a season.

Doing so eases the pressure a lot whilst waiting on Chelsea's Broja decision.

Interesting as I think we can still make one decent money purchase this Summer (25-30m).

Still think two will arrive from Chelsea out of Broja, Gallagher and Gilmour.

You need to give Gallagher up. We’re not even linked anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back