Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think both Broja and Gallagher are dependant on who Chelsea buy mate, as it stands now both will stay, but Chelsea are looking at bringing in De Jong and Aubamayang.

If those two come in can see both asking to leave.

Gilmour I think is the low hanging fruit we know we can get late on, how do I see him fitting in, think it'd be as a squad option to rebuild his confidence over a season with a longer term aim.
This is all very plausible. I don't want Gilmour, I know a Norwich fan who really doesn't rate him, says he lacks strength of character, and points out that no other clubs have been in for him this summer. But if it means being able to bring in the best striker available, Gilmour on loan may be a price worth paying.

This is all very plausible. I don't want Gilmour, I know a Norwich fan who really doesn't rate him, says he lacks strength of character, and points out that no other clubs have been in for him this summer. But if it means being able to bring in the best striker available, Gilmour on loan may be a price worth paying.
As a 'Jock' I'd love Gilmour to succeed. His stock has fallen very low but it's probably still high enough to get a late EPL loan. I said earlier in this thread I have no idea if in five years time he'll be playing EPL or championship football. He wouldn't be the first wonderkid to fail spectacularly, neither would he be the first player to turn round a career after a single bad season.

It's a hill I'll die on, but as far as actual talent goes, Gilmour is up there with the ones I've been most impressed with at a really young age. I can't comment on character - presumably Lampard would know better than most on that. I think the Gana (assuming it happens) and Onana signings take us in a v different direction though and I don't see how Gilmour fits. I also wouldn't waste a domestic loan spot on him given our needs in other areas. I'd love him here, but circumstances don't seem to be there to make it work.

He’s still so young Gilmour, he has bags of potential, he just needs consistent game time in a quality team possibly. Close friends with Patterson too

Good morning hypeslags. Make sure you go out the door today and breath in the air, feel the warmth against your skin and appreciate what a beautiful world we live in.

Whilst you knock yourselves out crazy obsessing over billionaires trading football players as you try to humble brag your scouting prowess or be first to break news that doesn’t come true.

I have a revolutionary new idea where you just wait and see who the club signs and then you can discuss how they may or not fit in, rather than lose your mind at every name mentioned.

Good morning hypeslags. Make sure you go out the door today and breath in the air, feel the warmth against your skin and appreciate what a beautiful world we live in.

Whilst you knock yourselves out crazy obsessing over billionaires trading football players as you try to humble brag your scouting prowess or be first to break news that doesn’t come true.

I have a revolutionary new idea where you just wait and see who the club signs and then you can discuss how they may or not fit in, rather than lose your mind at every name mentioned.
Quite

As a 'Jock' I'd love Gilmour to succeed. His stock has fallen very low but it's probably still high enough to get a late EPL loan. I said earlier in this thread I have no idea if in five years time he'll be playing EPL or championship football. He wouldn't be the first wonderkid to fail spectacularly, neither would he be the first player to turn round a career after a single bad season.

I think Gilmour will be right on deadline day or near enough - and it'll be either a loan - should we not use it on someone else (I think we will use it in another Chelsea player actually) or on a lowish buy deal which is pretty much very little up front and it back ended fee wise ; with whatever we have left to spend this summer.

Feel like we know we can get him whenever we want and the longer we leave it the better the deal we'll get on him - and think Lampard will see him as a project over a couple of seasons to develop him so we aren't in a rush on it.

Mods, surely this deserves a time out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back