Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a hill I'll die on, but as far as actual talent goes, Gilmour is up there with the ones I've been most impressed with at a really young age. I can't comment on character - presumably Lampard would know better than most on that. I think the Gana (assuming it happens) and Onana signings take us in a v different direction though and I don't see how Gilmour fits. I also wouldn't waste a domestic loan spot on him given our needs in other areas. I'd love him here, but circumstances don't seem to be there to make it work.

Think if he wants to come here and Lampard wants him, then come the end of the transfer window we will be able to get him on a very knocked down fee mate.

I wouldn't look at him a player we'd expect to be starting but someone who over a couple of seasons can develop into one -

Morning all, here’s the latest on the transfer front for Friday the 12tj of August.

Everton are closing in on the signing of Rennes striker Serhou Guirassy and could get the deal done before the end of the week, according to L’Equipe.

Anthony Gordon has been training one-on-one with Everton coach Ashley Cole ahead of the trip to Aston Villa this weekend, according to the Liverpool Echo. The newspaper reported on Thursday (11 August) that although Gordon, 21, has been linked with a move away from Goodison Park this summer, the attacker “was all smiles amid fresh talk about his Everton future”.

Everton have considered a move to sign Brighton centre-forward Neal Maupay as they aim to add a striker to their squad in the coming weeks, according to the Daily Mail. The newspaper reported via their print edition on Friday (12 August, page 81) that the Blues have also looked into Southampton’s Che Adams while talks have been held about landing Strasbourg’s Ludovic Ajorque.

Everton are currently on hold in the pursuit of midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye as the 32-year-old negotiates his own severance package from PSG. That is according to journalist Fraser Flethcer via Twitter who reported that the deal was not off but it was taking a lot longer than the Toffees had hoped.

However, 90 Min last night reported that although Gueye had agreed a wage cut on his £100,000-a-week salary to return to Goodison Park, the Premier League outfit and PSG have reached an impasse with regards to a transfer fee. The report adds that Gueye is seeking compensation from the Ligue 1 champions who want Everton to ‘contribute’ to that package, a sticking point that is proving to be quite the stumbling block.

According to the Daily Mail, Frank Lampard’s side has made an approach to sign Che Adams. What is an even more optimistic and exciting news is that the Scottish forward is keen to move to Goodison Park. However, the Toffees face competition from Premier League sides Leeds United, Wolves and newly promoted Nottingham Forest.

Everton are stepping up their pursuit of Strasbourg’s Ligue 1 striker Ludovic Ajorque with Foot Mercato claiming that the Premeir League outfit are planning a £15 million loan-to-buy bid.

According to Sky Sports, Everton scouted Ajorque during Strasbourg’s 3-0 pre-season win over an under-strength Liverpool at Anfield recently. So, for that matter, did seven other Premier League clubs. One of those – Wolves – have already made a £10 million bid of their own (French outlet Homme Du Match)

Everton have their eye on Benfica forward Goncalo Ramos amid their search for a solution to the crisis up front, according to 90min. The 21-year-old is being heavily tipped for a move to the Premier League with a legion of top flight sides after him.

Despite rumours all summer long of Everton’s interest in Conor Gallagher, it looks like Crystal Palace are now frontrunners for the 22-year-old. [The Times]

Sasa Kalajdzic, another 6ft-something giant of a centre-forward, is another reportedly on Everton’s wishlist. Stuttgart’s Austria international would also cost around £15 million.

Everton have been linked (Daily Mail) with a move for RB Salzburg midfielder Mohamed Camara as a potential alternative for Idrissa Gueye. Rumoured Everton target Mohamed Camara appears to have voted for himself in a fan page's Instagram poll on who the club should sign next.

The Malian has previously been linked with Premier League rivals Leeds United and Brighton this summer, but a move never materialised. He does, however, like to tease fans with his social media activity.

Wiki page (100% legit) for anyone who hasn’t seen it:

Obscure Everton players from the 1990s photo quiz:

Can you do short term stuff nowadays ? How about loaning a striker for a month for over the odds for a club desperate for money but they get them back in 4 weeks so would be win win ? Get a free in like cavanini for a month ? He gets his fitness up has game time and a few bob in his sky rocket ? Does it have to be from one transfer window to another ?

Good morning hypeslags. Make sure you go out the door today and breath in the air, feel the warmth against your skin and appreciate what a beautiful world we live in.

Whilst you knock yourselves out crazy obsessing over billionaires trading football players as you try to humble brag your scouting prowess or be first to break news that doesn’t come true.

I have a revolutionary new idea where you just wait and see who the club signs and then you can discuss how they may or not fit in, rather than lose your mind at every name mentioned.
❤️ Hypeslags, pretty sure you ripped that’s from the countdown conundrum

I think Guirassy could be on for sure. Started Laborde over him at the weekend in the middle, just signed Kalimuendo and also linked to Wahi (ST) from Montpellier. He is well down the pecking order now.
I prefer the other guy, Ludovic Ajorque, a bit older but seems a better player. Would be ideal to get someone who could play anywhere across the front. One of the Watford forwards would be good.

I suppose until it’s done it’s still possible to get someone coming from nowhere.

So, we're not getting a striker in for yet another week...which has now run into 2 games of the season...having sold Richarlison 6 weeks ago.

I expect us to pay for that by losing another 3 points.

What's 6 points flushed down the drain though? I mean it's not like we stayed up by the odd point or two last season is it?

So, we're not getting a striker in for yet another week...which has now run into 2 games of the season...having sold Richarlison 6 weeks ago.

What's 6 points flushed down the drain though? I mean it's not like we stayed up by the odd point or two last season is it?

Do you delete this post if we win tomorrow?

We have a striker back, albeit not a good one tomorrow, so it’ll be a bit different from last week as it might open Gray/Gordon/McNeil to play more like their proper roles than the focal points

Strange the Guirassy links are only coming out the French end nothing from Joyce, Bobble, Romano yet. It's either on or a concocted story to get him a move. Or we have enquired and that's as far as it's gone, it sounds like we are scoping out the availability of several forwards. We shall see...

Do you delete this post if we win tomorrow?
Why? The point is that this lot have left us without cover in attack
We have a striker back, albeit not a good one tomorrow, so it’ll be a bit different from last week as it might open Gray/Gordon/McNeil to play more like their proper roles than the focal points

Rondon being back does not improve us from last week. Let's not pretend it does.

6 weeks ago we lost Richarlison.

No, stayed up by 4 points, not 1 or 2.

But let's start doom mongering 1 game into the season after losing 1 nil via a penalty to a team expected to be challenging for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.