Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really can' t understand all this fuss about the Watford trio. I wached both their games this season and I was not that impressed. Denis was good against Sheffield United and absolutely anonymous against West Brom. I am not convinced that he wiil do well in the PL woth the work rate he demonstrated.
Talking about workrate - that of Joao Pedro is great. Gave his all in both games. However, I am not convinced by his skill level. It is far from Richarlison's.
Sarr did ok in both games , scored a worldie against West Brom, but I am under the impression that he is too much hit and miss.
Overall, I will not be too much concerned if we don' t go for any of them. 20 million for Denis is too much. Indeed 20 million will be too much for anyone of them, me thinks.

Guirassy been left out of Rennais squad, seems likely he’s gonna be the new striker
Is this the lineup

images (7).jpeg

I think Braithwaite's alright. Would be decent backup, but is another one who's better out wide. Also 31 and on big wages.

This. Occam's razor springs to mind.

I know we all want to believe that the likes of Alli, Rondon, Gomes, etc, will come good because they used to have quality and/or they're nice guys but the reality is they're just crap. In Rondon's case in particular he spent the last productive years of his career in a farmer's league and is now off the pace in the PL to an extent that a player of his age can't realistically expect to recover from.
Lol, I once had someone cite Occam’s razor as a scientific rebuttal. Unfortunately, it likely holds true in both that context and this.

Status
Not open for further replies.