Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alli looks more dangerous than Gordon Gray and McNeill.

Back four for me, Alli off the striker.

Defence looked fine though which is a positive. Still bits to improve but can’t expect them to defend every single 2v2
I mean it hasn’t. Firstly, there is no priority between positions. You can sign more than one player at a time.

Secondly, we needed to improve the defence. Which has been better and justified through two major injuries.

We have to improve the midfield. Obama is a clear improvement and Gana appears to be a matter of time.

Attack needs improving, we’ve brought one in and they always wanted another but we are not in a position to spend 30m on each player. We will sign an attacker I just hope they get one who is made of some quality. Doesn’t have to be a 30 goal a season, just one who can contribute and link the plan.

Rondon did well when he came on but he should only ever be a sub and back up.
We go to a back 4 though mate and that’s Coady out the team because I think that’s why wolves got rid of him because he’s rubbish in a 4 then McNeil is he any better than Gordon or gray ? I hope so like

Yet again, a difficult bind they are in/have created.

We cannot potentially go into September on a losing run so expect one forward addition this week and possibly another on deadline day.

Of all the signings, it's McNeill that concerns me. Even for a small initial payment, it's hard not to conclude that that money could have gone towards someone with a reliable 6-8 goal input.

Need two more options + Gana in.

Sending Simms on loan was the correct thing to do, but it could've waited until later in the window, knowing we had a starting striker who just missed most of last season injured, and a backup striker who is both quite bad AND who we knew was suspended for the first game of the season. Simms isn't glamorous or elegant but he is effective and clearly knows how to kick a football into a goal.

We sent him out before DCL got injury. It wasn't an issue when he left.

Yet again, a difficult bind they are in/have created.

We cannot potentially go into September on a losing run so expect one forward addition this week and possibly another on deadline day.

Of all the signings, it's McNeill that concerns me. Even for a small initial payment, it's hard not to conclude that that money could have gone towards someone with a reliable 6-8 goal input.

Need two more options + Gana in.

sure we will get a forward or two and gana

This is obvious but our recruitment is disastrous especially since we have players who only adhere to conflicting systems like coady with the back 3 and mykolenko who is more suited for a back 4
I agree people are having wet dreams over Mykolenko. I agree he's improved massively and looks good defensively .

Going forward though is Hibbert levels.

Its insane two games in and we have 5 injuries to regular players that includes allan who had a knock and was ruled out but he's been injured since last season so who knows when he'll be fully fit, need to bring as many decent players as possible before the end of window because it's going to be somehow more dire if we keep shedding players

I keep saying it but our recruitment has been totally stupid this window. Totally the wrong priorities.

Sign a couple of forwards or we are going down. End of story.
ALMOST EVERY POSITION IS A PRIORITY.

If we hadn’t signed defenders and midfielders, it would have been a lot worse today.

Our biggest problem remains the number of injuries we suffer. Its crippled us the last three seasons. Way more than normal.

It’s not though ffs, I felt more assured in both games with our back line, I felt better having Iwobi and Doucoure in midfield that I did having potentially a Gomes/Davies pairing. I maybe would have got Dele and Onana on 5 mins earlier to give support to Rondon

A striker wouldn’t have made a difference if we were getting sliced through like butter and Keane was having brain farts, Chelsea would have scored 4/5 easy last week in that case and Villa would have sniffed blood and put us out of sight after Ings’ goal
This is not a new opinion I've just made up since we lost 2 games. I've been saying it since we sold Richarlison because I truly believe.

You cannot build from the back in this league unless you have elite defenders or an effective counter attack. We have neither of those so need to play with a threat. We cannot offer a threat with a front line that would need even be top half championship.

If we dont sign at least 1 but probably 2 good attackers , we are going down fast to the championship. We've been competitive twice but not carried any threat so haven't won any points. That is unsustainable and needs fixed ASAP

Its absolutely shambolic that we sold Richarlison 43 days ago and still do not have a replacement.

No excuses they should have made some attempt to bring in some of what Richy brought us. Mc Neil was never it, he's a half decent workman like winger. We need creativity and goal scorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back