Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not scoring, I'm not expecting any of our midfielders to get 10 goals this season, but you've got to do a lot better than just hit the ball at the goalkeeper. Play it across him, make him get down and make the save, make a smarter decision and pass the ball to a team mate instead of just shooting from some tight angle where you're never going to score from. If you gave any of Gordon, Gray or McNeil 100 one-on-ones each I bet they'd score fewer than 15 goals each. I've no confidence in any of them.
I don't know about that, I don't think there's much reason to rate how good the shot that didn't go in was.

I don't know about that, I don't think there's much reason to rate how good the shot that didn't go in was.
Basically I just think all three of them are not good enough for this division (any decent team would have Gordon out on loan, we were the only club dumb enough to go in for Gray, McNeil was a key player in a side who got relegated and contributed very, very little in their battle to stay up in terms of goals and assists) - yet we've got all three of them playing TOGETHER and thinking we can somehow get a tune out of them.

Yet again, a difficult bind they are in/have created.

We cannot potentially go into September on a losing run so expect one forward addition this week and possibly another on deadline day.

Of all the signings, it's McNeill that concerns me. Even for a small initial payment, it's hard not to conclude that that money could have gone towards someone with a reliable 6-8 goal input.

Need two more options + Gana in.

Problem with McNeil for me is he's pretty slow, his best is either providing crosses to a target man or linking up with one in support, not trying to break lines or hit on the counter.

So we bought him with a very specific idea how he fits into the system

Then our only striker breaks down and he's now a round peg in a square system.

Until we get in a cf he needs to be dropped as he can't play how we are having too

Basically I just think all three of them are not good enough for this division (any decent team would have Gordon out on loan, we were the only club dumb enough to go in for Gray, McNeil was a key player in a side who got relegated and contributed very, very little in their battle to stay up in terms of goals and assists) - yet we've got all three of them playing TOGETHER and thinking we can somehow get a tune out of them.
Gordon was the only player who even remotely troubled them lad, you're talking utter rubbish on that count

He's painfully average on good days
Again not true.

He's a very decent premier League striker when he's fit, and for the past few seasons he's been quite fit and scored goals.

Again theirs not been a point I think we should have signed him, but IF we had of, we'd have been a better option than anyone we have ATM

Again not true.

He's a very decent premier League striker when he's fit, and for the past few seasons he's been quite fit and scored goals.

Again theirs not been a point I think we should have signed him, but IF we had of, we'd have been a better option than anyone we have ATM
He might not be a better option by the end of the week

People pissing their undies over winks when we can’t string any passes or keep the ball. I never seen an issue with winks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back