Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the league hadn't started this point would be fair but we will have played 5 league matches when the window shuts.
Of course absolutely true and it is far from ideal.
But due to the financial restrictions we have found ourselves in it was always going to involve some difficult negotiations and time to obtain the players we need.
I would rather we took a calculated approach to our recruitment rather than panic buy and waste money on second rate or unsuited players.
Time will tell if this is the correct approach and the league has barely commenced.

And we also need a creative CM in addition to defensive ones. McNeil, Davies Gray and Gordon provided nothing, Iwobi at least moved the ball forward but didnt actually provide any decisive chances, Patterson was excellent providing crosses but we need more, Ounana was both villain and hero in his last 10 min cameo and he will get better. A lot rests on Frank and Kevins decisions before deadline day. Not time for talks about relegation imo.

False 9.

I think it works with Gordon + McNeil either side of MGW.
Would prefer him either behind the striker, out wide or as a 2nd striker in a two. Just dont think it would work here with a false 9 imo.
I dont like it when my negative predictions come true but this was inevitable when we tried to replace Richarlison with defenders and a non goalscoring forward in Mcneil

People did their usual things of getting wildly carried away just because we were signing footballers. It doesn't matter who, just that we signed some players.

People keep saying we have a plan. Well what on earth is the plan? To play for nil nil every week? To park the bus with slightly better defenders?

There is no plan. Or at least there is no good plan or the wrong plan. Nothing has changed other than we had to sell our best player this time round.
Is a plan as we have boughy in plsyers to improve both the defence and the midfield. It is not just replacing rich as dcl is out so is clear we needed another two players. Was a crap result today but i hope it pushes the club to make the attacking transfers we need happen faster.

Of course absolutely true and it is far from ideal.
But due to the financial restrictions we have found ourselves in it was always going to involve some difficult negotiations and time to obtain the players we need.
I would rather we took a calculated approach to our recruitment rather than panic buy and waste money on second rate or unsuited players.
Time will tell if this is the correct approach and the league has barely commenced.
Agree. We literally cannot afford to add more expensive dead weight to the squad and count the days until their contracts run out so we can get them off the wage bill

And we also need a creative CM in addition to defensive ones. McNeil, Davies Gray and Gordon provided nothing, Iwobi at least moved the ball forward but didnt actually provide any decisive chances, Patterson was excellent providing crosses but we need more, Ounana was both villain and hero in his last 10 min cameo and he will get better. A lot rests on Frank and Kevins decisions before deadline day. Not time for talks about relegation imo.
I suspect that will be Onana going off today

I think most
Isn't it?

We sold Lukaku about 5 years ago and still haven't replaced him. Finding a goalscorer that isn't going to cost a massive wedge isn't easy.
We signed the so called best youngster in Europe and that didn’t work, so many inpatient or unrealistic fans out there.
They wonder how we’ve spent so many years trying to get rid of our panic buying dead wood.
We are relegation zone club, with FFP issues. Maybe half decent strikers don’t even want to come.

Frank may be waiting for Broja and Chelsea would say no on 31 Aug.

We don't need new signings up front, we just need all of McNeil, Gordon, Gray, Iwobi and Doucouré to simultaneously increase their goals scored per season by about 500% each then we'll be absolutely fine. This seems to be the approach the club is taking, anyway. That'd probably get us the 50 goals we'll need this season to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.