Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather they get the right players than lash money for the sake of it, if we’d have gone balls in on say Broja, we might not have been able to get Coady or Onana
We seem to have a budget for Gana so like i said, sack him off & get someone in. I'm fine with a loan. I even welcome it. Even an average forward is better than nothing right now & trying to get the best we can get is costing us & will probably continue to cost us valuable points if we wait any longer. If we wait for the percieved right choice on a deadline day deal then that's 3 premier league games against relegation candidates that we effectively have no attack for. Include this Villa game & that's risking throwing 12 points to the wall just to wait & see. That's a third of last season's haul.
Should have been sorted earlier. Richarlison leaving & the fixtures showed us this. Of course i hope we get the best we can. Who doesn't want that. But at what cost to this important part of our season.

We seem to have a budget for Gana so like i said, sack him off & get someone in. I'm fine with a loan. I even welcome it. Even an average forward is better than nothing right now & trying to get the best we can get is costing us & will probably continue to cost us valuable points if we wait any longer. If we wait for the percieved right choice on a deadline day deal then that's 3 premier league games against relegation candidates that we effectively have no attack for. Include this Villa game & that's risking throwing 12 points to the wall just to wait & see. That's a third of last season's haul.
Should have been sorted earlier. Richarlison leaving & the fixtures showed us this. Of course i hope we get the best we can. Who doesn't want that. But at what cost to this important part of our season.
Hence why we’re looking in France, we can get better deals there seemingly, but again they probably only became available on the Eve of the season when we’d only just been knocked back on Broja and any others we might not have known about

I seriously doubt either Frank or Thelwell will have wanted or been happy to play the first two games without extra forward options, especially after Dom’s injury

Can't afford to write off August, which is what we'll end up doing without a forward.
Fed up with reading excuses for the lack of a forward signing. Anyone with any ounce of football knowledge knew we needed to replace Richarlison with a goalscorer. 43 days later and no sign of it happening

Any other established top flight club and heads would roll and fan pressure would be off the charts. At Everton we shrug and get carried away about signing defenders and being linked to a 33 year old midfielder we sold a few years ago.

The recruitment is as bad as ever they deserve zero excuses and they will get us relegated unless they are all booted out of the club.

Fed up with reading excuses for the lack of a forward signing. Anyone with any ounce of football knowledge knew we needed to replace Richarlison with a goalscorer. 43 days later and no sign of it happening

Any other established top flight club and heads would roll and fan pressure would be off the charts. At Everton we shrug and get carried away about signing defenders and being linked to a 33 year old midfielder we sold a few years ago.

The recruitment is as bad as ever they deserve zero excuses and they will get us relegated unless they are all booted out of the club.
I'm not pissed off because the team is genuinely better today than it was to start the window. Everything was a hole, now only the forward areas are. That is weirdly progress even if it is hard to watch.

I'm not pissed off because the team is genuinely better today than it was to start the window. Everything was a hole, now only the forward areas are. That is weirdly progress even if it is hard to watch.
Not scoring is a problem that gets a team relegated though. That's the issue.

The days of Vellios and Straqulursi were better than what has been served up by the front 3 so far this season. None of them even seem like they can be bothered to make runs into the box. I'm thoroughly fed up seeing the club make inept decisions that make no sense

Equally it’s tiresome hearing people moan about it like the club’s deliberately ignored the situation

Equally it’s tiresome hearing people moan about it like the club’s deliberately ignored the situation
Thats not what I've said. I dont care how hard they tried. Their job is to find solutions, not try hard but ultimately fail.

The fact is that we spent a good chunk of out budget on Mcneil and are now being linked with Gueye for like 2 weeks. There are far better ways to spend a limited budget when your squad lacks goals. I dont believe the club have any sort of plan. I think they are as disorganised as ever.

We also needed to change our defence and revitalise our midfield. Last season, were most fans criticising our defence, midfield or forward line?

Put them in severity and I'll tell you what, the forward line wouldn't have been the priority. While it's frustrating to lose Richarlison and not replace him...

... I suspect we will. What we have done, importantly, is make our defence look much stronger and hopefully have a midfield that won't be easily out played.

If we sort the front line out, we'll be fine. If we'd prioritised a striker and not brought in defenders or a midfielder (likely midfielders), we'd definitely be in a fight.

No matter how much we moan about it, the situation won't change that we needed changes across the team and we're in a financial pickle.

We can bury our heads in the sand or simply call them excuses, however the reality is that this the position we're in. With DCL back and a forward, we'll be fine.

We could have probably signed Denis or Cornet if we'd really have wanted to, but one comes across as a bellend and the other probably isn't very good.

Patience etc etc.

Not scoring is a problem that gets a team relegated though. That's the issue.

The days of Vellios and Straqulursi were better than what has been served up by the front 3 so far this season. None of them even seem like they can be bothered to make runs into the box. I'm thoroughly fed up seeing the club make inept decisions that make no sense
That isn't the only way to go down. Again it might be horrendous on the eyes but we've seen Burnley make Europe scoring under a goal a game. Not how I'd do it but we needed players in all areas and we genuinely are defending very well right now save for one terrible, horrendous, no good, very bad player who has most likely been replaced as a regular starter.

So while scoring is an issue we also couldn't defend and we've gotten better there. We should have a real midfield soon. I think it is positive.

I know we need forwards, however if we had a player who could actually take a set piece, we'd have at least 2 points on the board now.

A forward who can take a corner should be priority and then someone good for double figures in goals a season. Definitely at least 2 players short...

Thats not what I've said. I dont care how hard they tried. Their job is to find solutions, not try hard but ultimately fail.

The fact is that we spent a good chunk of out budget on Mcneil and are now being linked with Gueye for like 2 weeks. There are far better ways to spend a limited budget when your squad lacks goals. I dont believe the club have any sort of plan. I think they are as disorganised as ever.
We’ve put what 5-6 mil up front for McNeil, Idrissa’s fee has been agreed at around 6-7 and personal terms done

Thelwell is actually doing what Walsh and Brands should have been doing, making sensible moves at budget friendly terms, it could have saved us a hell of a lot of trauma over the last 6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.