Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve put what 5-6 mil up front for McNeil, Idrissa’s fee has been agreed at around 6-7 and personal terms done

Thelwell is actually doing what Walsh and Brands should have been doing, making sensible moves at budget friendly terms, it could have saved us a hell of a lot of trauma over the last 6 years
The fees still need to be considered based on their total. And I dont agree about our business this summer. I dont think its been smart at all.

Mcneil wasn't what we need and there is no long term benefit to bringing in Gueye. We dont need cover for DCL either, we need a viable alternative who can find the net.

The fees still need to be considered based on their total. And I dont agree about our business this summer. I dont think its been smart at all.

Mcneil wasn't what we need and there is no long term benefit to bringing in Gueye. We dont need cover for DCL either, we need a viable alternative who can find the net.
McNeil gives us an extra option either from the start or bench, something we were crying out for last season

We will get two forwards in, I’m not in any way worried about that. If we don’t, I’ll stop posting on here till January, that’s how confident I am

We also needed to change our defence and revitalise our midfield. Last season, were most fans criticising our defence, midfield or forward line?

Put them in severity and I'll tell you what, the forward line wouldn't have been the priority. While it's frustrating to lose Richarlison and not replace him...

... I suspect we will. What we have done, importantly, is make our defence look much stronger and hopefully have a midfield that won't be easily out played.

If we sort the front line out, we'll be fine. If we'd prioritised a striker and not brought in defenders or a midfielder (likely midfielders), we'd definitely be in a fight.

No matter how much we moan about it, the situation won't change that we needed changes across the team and we're in a financial pickle.

We can bury our heads in the sand or simply call them excuses, however the reality is that this the position we're in. With DCL back and a forward, we'll be fine.

We could have probably signed Denis or Cornet if we'd really have wanted to, but one comes across as a bellend and the other probably isn't very good.

Patience etc etc.
This isn't about patience for me. This is me just fundamentally disagreeing with our recruitment this season and targeting what I see as the wrong players in the wrong positions.

I see goals as a far bigger priority than defenders. We can win games with Keane and Holgate if we have goalscorers but we can't win games regardless of who is in defence if we have no one to find the net.

McNeil gives us an extra option either from the start or bench, something we were crying out for last season

We will get two forwards in, I’m not in any way worried about that. If we don’t, I’ll stop posting on here till January, that’s how confident I am
I'm not asking you to make predictions or stop posting lol

I just am baffled at how we have gone into the season with such woeful forward options. I'm at a complete loss. What has been served up so far by the starting front 3 shouldn't be seen as acceptable standards at a Top flight club.

I'm not asking you to make predictions or stop posting lol

I just am baffled at how we have gone into the season with such woeful forward options. I'm at a complete loss. What has been served up so far by the starting front 3 shouldn't be seen as acceptable standards at a Top flight club.
I could see a logic playing them today, with Mings being recalled for Villa after his supposed bust up, Gordon did have him on toast a couple of times first half

I could see a logic playing them today, with Mings being recalled for Villa after his supposed bust up, Gordon did have him on toast a couple of times first half
He has no options. Thats the problem.

Gordon was poor but he shouldn't be playing as a 9. He has no goalscoring instincts and doesn't have good movement in the box. We arent going to score goals if forwards dont even take up good positions in the box.

We need a watkins/ings for goals and system. Coutinho/buendia for the xfactor. ( missing These )

Along with gueye, onana and the defenders we have bought.

We then need your ramsay/ Gordon type for the unknown youngster.

Your vinegars/ elghazi and mcneils/ Bailey are the fillers .

Very similar situation to villa but Currently they have the edge. Slippy should be getting more out of his squad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.