Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its called movement off the ball, something our players don't have. All of them stand stock still waiting to have the ball played to their feet.

Tuchel today very noncommittal about Gallacher staying this season, should try our ass off to get him in, we need a striker badly but we also as badly need someone scoring from midfield, we've lacked it since bloody Cahill left

Initially wasn’t sold on Ajorque as we shouldn’t be spending on 28 year olds as a rule but think he offers a more clear threat and less of a gamble than someone like Guirassy who for me still has question marks. We need the best player possible to get goals right now and between the two with Ajorque the threat is more clear. If we could also bring in a younger pacier lad like Dieng we’ve covered all bases up front really.

The question is whether we can bring in that extra bit of creativity / quality in midfield or behind the striker- ideally someone who can hit a set piece. That’ll probably come down to the second domestic loan.

Are we still in for MGW? Seems we haven't gone for anyone else like him are we still trying? I liked the idea of his creativity but the price looked high. Be surprised of Forest can afford him aswell.

I know we needed to sell a player to satiate FFP and richie was the only one that was actually deemed a valuable asset other than dcl who due to injuries the demand was diminished, but I don't think our dunderheaded club truly recognized how vital he was to our club averting relegation and just creating chances. His last season was an underwhelming showing based on his past performances but still the best player amongst our squad and the ridiculous thing was our offense was still mediocre with him, the lackluster midfield contributed as well. For the club to lack cognizance of how problematic of our offenses current state is truly negligent. Its constantly stated how abysmal our recruitment has been but it is truly astounding how inept. Truly a feat of incompetence

I know we needed to sell a player to satiate FFP and richie was the only one that was actually deemed a valuable asset other than dcl who due to injuries the demand was diminished, but I don't think our dunderheaded club truly recognized how vital he was to our club averting relegation and just creating chances. His last season was an underwhelming showing based on his past performances but still the best player amongst our squad and the ridiculous thing was our offense was still mediocre with him, the lackluster midfield contributed as well. For the club to lack cognizance of how problematic of our offenses current state is truly negligent. Its constantly stated how abysmal our recruitment has been but it is truly astounding how inept. Truly a feat of incompetence
Bro?

They've done it over and over again. This year it's their blind spot last year it was Benitez.

I'm just conveying some honest expression dude...watching shambolic football on the regular is becoming a tedious and dispiriting exercise on my wellbeing
Also they seemingly prioritised the sale over the plan to replace him or at least sort it out in some kind of short order after he was sold.The financial issues they created put us in that situation. The negligence and reliance on one player has happened before see our over reliance on Coleman for seasons even as he was well past his best, the failure to properly replace Gama or Rom even adequately, us having to play Cuco Martina at left back. Over and over...

Also they seemingly prioritised the sale over the plan to replace him or at least sort it out in some kind of short order. The financial issues they created put us in that situation.
Exactly what seems to be a series of perennial blunders just continues to cascade and prevent us from ever being competitive. There just doesn't seem to be a long term vision or consideration we just impulsively react to the predicaments we create for ourselves

Exactly what seems to be a series of perennial blunders just continues to cascade and prevent us from ever being competitive. There just doesn't seem to be a long term vision or consideration we just impulsively react to the predicaments we create for ourselves
Agreed it's mismanagement from the top down and its gone on for decades but has accelerated under Moshiri. Thelwell gives me hope but with a board that is so short term and complacent and lacking in a truly world class ability to run a football club, with vision and forward planning, one that actually wins and looks for all the ways it can win, we aren't going very far. My only hope is now we can stabilise the next few years then once we get in that stadium we get taken over by someone who knows how to run a club. Who appoints world-class professionals to a board.

Status
Not open for further replies.