Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont like it when my negative predictions come true but this was inevitable when we tried to replace Richarlison with defenders and a non goalscoring forward in Mcneil

People did their usual things of getting wildly carried away just because we were signing footballers. It doesn't matter who, just that we signed some players.

People keep saying we have a plan. Well what on earth is the plan? To play for nil nil every week? To park the bus with slightly better defenders?

There is no plan. Or at least there is no good plan or the wrong plan. Nothing has changed other than we had to sell our best player this time round.

I don't think it is just the attacking play that has cost us. It hasn't helped, but for 80 minutes there we were playing on the back foot and you're looking for attackers to make magic instead of controlling a game and building pressure. That's not solved even if you toss Haaland up top.
No and I agree, we were too defensive today not sure we have a team capable of dominating the ball either. But if you have a clinical forward he scores two goals today at least from the breaks we had and incidents in the box.

We had the worst midfield in the league entering the season I think signing players in this area is completely in line with what we needed.

And DCL getting hurt opened up the gap at striker which only happened two weeks ago. Maybe we should have prepared more for that but spending 30m on a forward while we had to trot out Doucoure every week would look well worse for me.
I'll keep saying it you need more than one forward and relying on one that was out for large swathes of the season was asking for trouble. But that's Everton

I dont like it when my negative predictions come true but this was inevitable when we tried to replace Richarlison with defenders and a non goalscoring forward in Mcneil

People did their usual things of getting wildly carried away just because we were signing footballers. It doesn't matter who, just that we signed some players.

People keep saying we have a plan. Well what on earth is the plan? To play for nil nil every week? To park the bus with slightly better defenders?

There is no plan. Or at least there is no good plan or the wrong plan. Nothing has changed other than we had to sell our best player this time round.
But the transfer window has not yet closed.
It would seem sensible to at least await the end of our dealings before trying to discern a plan, or lack thereof.

I think the plan is to harder to beat, which we are. But we definitely need more quality at the top end.

On the plus side, Onana is going to be a handful, if we can get him in the right areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.