Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seen the state of some other clubs. 2 games in is hardly time to judge the strategy however you might perceive it. You can't legislate for DCL injury. I firmly believe we have 6pts right now with him in the side.
But instead DCL is not in the team, won't be in the near future, may only play sporadically this season, we have no alternative option for him and we have 0 points. That's not perception, that is what is actually happening.

23 is still young, look at Iwobi with Lampard, with the right attitude etc leaps can be made. Iwobi was a write off in most fans eyes, now he’s a fan favourite

But Iwobi had three fundamentals that are unteachable in pace, size/strength and an unbelievable engine mate - he just wasn't using the latter two at all.

Even so yes he's improved significantly but he's still a box to box midfielder now who doesn't score and doesn't create.

Every day that goes by makes the manger's job even harder. It would be good to have some communication from the board and DOF to explain what on earth their strategy is. They are sleepwalking us into another relegation battle through their total ineptitude.

If this happenned at other established top flight clubs then heads would roll but we get shrugs of the shoulders at this club and people shout bedwetter to imply they are some kind of better fan.
Tbh the last thing we need is for some publicly known transfer strategy to be broadcast during the final weeks of a transfer window. I know it's frustrating but I'd rather we say nothing publicly right now apart from the usual cliches - 'we are looking at multiple options' 'working hard behind the scenes' etc.

Frank has to take some of the blame for yesterday.
Gerrard said he targetted our back 3 - which he clearly did. Patt & Myko were not tight enough and we were leaving massive holes in the middle as Doucoure and Iwobi were overrun.
McNeil and Gray were poor - but the mistake of playing Gordon as a 9 was repeated. He cannot play that role. It's not fair on him but he is still a lightweight. That game was crying out for a big CF who could hold the ball up. Rondon isn't a world beater but given our options he was the only sensible choice. It was obvious when he was brought on. If he persists with that starting front 3 at home to Forest my gast will be flabbered. It's a game we must win.
Haha the state of Gerrard acting like it was a tactical masterclass.
You scraped a win against team with no forward

You can legislate for it - you buy another striker that replaces him when injured

If we had just finished top 7 with a good squad I would agree but the reality was prior to DCL's injury we needed to sign:

2x CM's
2x wide players
2x CB's

At the minimum - thats 6 players with our limited budget due to FFP.

Its easy to say we needed another striker but strikers cost the most money and if it meant signing 5-6 players to strengthen the first team or sign 1 back up striker to DCL the club made the right decision.

We need a CF but for me a top quality one to replace DCL and that was never a possibility this summer with our budget constraints and the sheer number of bodies that we needed to sign to strengthen this awful squad of ours.

You seen the state of some other clubs. 2 games in is hardly time to judge the strategy however you might perceive it. You can't legislate for DCL injury. I firmly believe we have 6pts right now with him in the side.
Important comment this. This could be a strange season. There are a number of teams struggling, then there are the usual suspects for a challenging season, plus the newly promoted who invariably struggle. Then throw in the complication of the World Cup. Yes we need to get the new signings properly integrated and hopefully one or two additions but no need to panic just yet

82D7C632-5E2C-47BE-90DF-D4178A6F4530.jpeg

….I’ve booked in, will keep you posted. Saw a bloke who looks like Armando Broja but he said his name is Vic from Belle Vale and he was at a wedding in the hotel yesterday. To be fair he did look a bit rough.

View attachment 177591

….I’ve booked in, will keep you posted. Saw a bloke who looks like Armando Broja but he said his name is Vic and he was at a wedding in the hotel yesterday. To be fair he did look a bit rough.

If you see Frank tell him he'll be better off playing Michael Keane upfront instead of Gordon. Terry Tugboat knows how to find the net (usually the wrong one)

Status
Not open for further replies.