Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we sign QPRs keeper and put him up top better target than Gordon ?. On a serious note tho can’t believe we let Simms go out on loan with only rondon as out back up striker, yes he’s going to get game time so better for his development but I think he could of got game time here especially after Dom getting injured, if he’s not thought to be as good as rondon now then that’s not a good sign.

We don't need "an option", we need a striker who we can rely on to score goals. What's the point in filling up the squad with more average players for the sake of it?
He wouldn't be my first choice but the reality is we need two strikers on a budget. Is the forward who will come in and slot twenty goals out there within our price range I'm not convinced? No idea who they are looking at beyond the French lads but at least Adams can come in and knows the league straight away. I think he's better than people think he isn't prolific but works hard in a poor team, can provide a base across the front three and his stats have increased year on year, we bring two French lads in it's a real roll of the dice asking them to settle. We will probably buy one forward and loan the other. I am guessing Guirassy and Adams but I don't know.

He wouldn't be my first choice but the reality is we need two strikers on a budget. No idea who they are looking at beyond the French lads but at least Adams can come in and knows the league straight away. I think he's better than people think he isn't prolific but works hard in a poor team, can provide a base across the front three and his stats have increased year on year, we bring two French lads in it's a real roll of the dice asking them to settle. We will probably buy one forward and loan the other. I am guessing Guirassy and Adams but I don't know.
I don't think we should be looking to bring in a striker simply on the basis that he's "better than X" or "knows the league". How many more bang-average players do we have to sign before we realise that quality is much more important than quantity.

We don't need "an option", we need a striker who we can rely on to score goals. What's the point in filling up the squad with more average players for the sake of it?
Well said.

What a sad situation when you're looking at Che Adams (a lad who has only ever gotten into double figures twice: once in League One, once in the Championship) to be backup to your existing No9 who himself has only ever gotten into double figures twice.

Astonishing the teams has been built with so few goals in it and it has never felt like a priority to be addressed by the club.

I don't think we should be looking to bring in a striker simply on the basis that he's "better than X" or "knows the league". How many more bang-average players do we have to sign before we realise that quality is much more important than quantity.
Maybe not but we also need a squad. I am just going off the names we have been linked to anyway of course if I had the choice I would prefer better quality but we also need two forwards with a small budget so what do you do? Because are we loaning or paying for top quality in small up front fees? We have passed up the likes of Dennis and Maupay so who are we looking at?

Well said.

What a sad situation when you're looking at Che Adams (a lad who has only ever gotten into double figures twice: once in League One, once in the Championship) to be backup to your existing No9 who himself has only ever gotten into double figures twice.

Astonishing the teams has been built with so few goals in it and it has never felt like a priority to be addressed by the club.
Correct. Any striker we bring in should be vying for DCL's place when both fit - there is no point bringing in yet another backup.

Well said.

I wasn't suggesting that Adams would be a DCL replacement by the way, I was suggesting he wouldn't be bad as a squad player ontop of a number 9 such as a Broja or a Guirassy. We need more options that's how light on forwards/goal scorers, we are that we need two. Also I might point out Adams scored more than any forward we have now last season Gray/Gordon/Rondon/Mneil he scored more than all of them. I'm not even a massive Adams fan I just think he's a solid player who could be useful again I agree on quality but we also need strength in depth because we have seen what happens when you rely on one player.

Maybe not but we also need a squad. I am just going off the names we have been linked to anyway of course if I had the choice I would prefer better but we also need two forwards with a small budget so what do you do? Because we are loaning top quality?
I don't know what we should do, I just know what we shouldn't do: sign more crap players to sit on the bench and steal a living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back