Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
People turning their noses up at Adams I'd take him as an option look at what we have
That highlights the problem.

Yes he is better than we've got and "could do a job " but in all honesty he isn't of the quality we need.

With our position we need to unearth a rough diamond and polish them up .

Knowing our luck we will find a turd and try to polish that.

Reports we have agreed a loan for Ajorque, we are paying £650,000 to loan him and paying his £25k a week wages, seems very cheap if true.

Hes very tall indeed.

Do we have the funds for an Onana type up front? I am not convinced we do. I think we are waiting for Broja on loan or for a French club to accept small up front payments.

Broja on loan would be ace...If we can sell players then i think wed have enough for another Onana level player.

I hear ya.

I agree with Mrk though; signing junk for squad filler reasons is hardly a golden plan. If the bar we're setting is "did they score more than Gray/Gordon/Rondon/McNeil" then I imagine +90% of professional strikers anywhere would make the list.

Limited budget and time of course, but Che Adams would be a noteable low point. How we could plop £15-20m for McNeil before even thinking about looking for a goal-scoring striker is madness.
Weve been going for players all summer though...its not like Thelwell thought to go for McNeil before a centre forward...it just happened that he was available at the right price for us.

Reports we have agreed a loan for Ajorque, we are paying £650,000 to loan him and paying his £25k a week wages, seems very cheap if true.

Can’t for one moment understand why Strasbourg would accept that.

Very specific report that ! ;)

I've no idea - we weren't heavily linked with Onana before we nipped in and got it done and I think it's a great signing, so discussing who we should go after based on who we're linked with in the press is a waste of time.
We'd been linked with Onana all summer?

I agree , but playing devils advocate - that's about half what they paid for him and gets him off the wage bill - which is good if they are skint and / or want rid.
Yeah, although there were reports of Wolves bidding 10m, which they rejected and I guess they could probably get closer to 15 off someone. I guess the explanation that makes sense is if that report has omitted an obligation to buy next summer (either definite or conditional on number of games or something).

In any case I hope it happens, even though he's not the ideal age we should be targetting I think he's a safer bet than someone like Guirassy as he comes in and instantly offers a clear and obvious goal threat.

I do laugh at how some on this forum scoff at various attacking players were linked with, ( don’t get me wrong some of the players aren’t what you call stellar names) but yesterday we were trying to find thin air with a forward pass such was the paucity of our options,tye club simply have to act quick this week ,we cannot go into Saturday with no threat about us , it’s gross negligence of the highest order by Mr Good Times Revered and his gang of hangers on
Or any player we are linked with in general acting like they are not good enough for Everton but end up doing well wherever they sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.