Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do laugh at how some on this forum scoff at various attacking players were linked with, ( don’t get me wrong some of the players aren’t what you call stellar names) but yesterday we were trying to find thin air with a forward pass such was the paucity of our options,tye club simply have to act quick this week ,we cannot go into Saturday with no threat about us , it’s gross negligence of the highest order by Mr Good Times Revered and his gang of hangers on

I do laugh at how some on this forum scoff at various attacking players were linked with, ( don’t get me wrong some of the players aren’t what you call stellar names) but yesterday we were trying to find thin air with a forward pass such was the paucity of our options,tye club simply have to act quick this week ,we cannot go into Saturday with no threat about us , it’s gross negligence of the highest order by Mr Good Times Revered and his gang of hangers on
That's the problem though, it's another masterclass from the club. Any single forward who now comes in that is remotely average will look like a prime Ronaldo, due to our options and situation

I don't know what we should do, I just know what we shouldn't do: sign more crap players to sit on the bench and steal a living.
Fair enough mate I see your point. I am just thinking of ways we can get goals in the team I didn't make up the links not even sure there's anything in the Adams one anyway. I agree we need a quality starter I am just explaining my thought process on two strikers, because the links to the French lads are gambles too.

If we had signed someone like Cornet or Dennis and magically taken 2pts from these first couple of games would it have been worth the money and being stuck with them?

Same goes for Maupay who gets so many chances at Brighton but is a 1 in 4 player.

Whats the logic in signing them? Is it to appease the fans and get an extra few points before the window closes?

Surely it makes more senss to hold fire on those types and keep trying to bring in another Onana type but at centre forward.

If we get Broja or someone similar then it all comes togethet on paper.

Reports we have agreed a loan for Ajorque, we are paying £650,000 to loan him and paying his £25k a week wages, seems very cheap if true.

If we had signed someone like Cornet or Dennis and magically taken 2pts from these first couple of games would it have been worth the money and being stuck with them?

Same goes for Maupay who gets so many chances at Brighton but is a 1 in 4 player.

Whats the logic in signing them? Is it to appease the fans and get an extra few points before the window closes?

Surely it makes more senss to hold fire on those types and keep trying to bring in another Onana type but at centre forward.

If we get Broja or someone similar then it all comes togethet on paper.
Do we have the funds for an Onana type up front? I am not convinced we do. I think we are waiting for Broja on loan or for a French club to accept small up front payments.

Reports we have agreed a loan for Ajorque, we are paying £650,000 to loan him and paying his £25k a week wages, seems very cheap if true.

Be fine with that but again we need two forwards preferably a wide forward too I liked the look of that Dieng kid

Sure but name them then a realistic one? I am just discussing names mentioned.
I've no idea - we weren't heavily linked with Onana before we nipped in and got it done and I think it's a great signing, so discussing who we should go after based on who we're linked with in the press is a waste of time.

I wasn't suggesting that Adams would be a DCL replacement by the way, I was suggesting he wouldn't be bad as a squad player ontop of a number 9 such as a Broja or a Guirassy. We need more options that's how light on forwards/goal scorers, we are that we need two. Also I might point out Adams scored more than any forward we have now last season Gray/Gordon/Rondon/Mneil he scored more than all of them. I'm not even a massive Adams fan I just think he's a solid player who could be useful again I agree on quality but we also need strength in depth because we have seen what happens when you rely on one player.
I hear ya.

I agree with Mrk though; signing junk for squad filler reasons is hardly a golden plan. If the bar we're setting is "did they score more than Gray/Gordon/Rondon/McNeil" then I imagine +90% of professional strikers anywhere would make the list.

Limited budget and time of course, but Che Adams would be a noteable low point. How we could plop £15-20m for McNeil before even thinking about looking for a goal-scoring striker is madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.